Gigabyte HD 7950
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Guys,
I'm new with this and i've been trying for the last few days to get SL installed on my PC. I've used Empire EFI and iBoot both the regular and legacy ISOs. I've gone through the install blog "http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html" to the tee and have tried other numerous things but for whatever reason I just continue to get a kernel panic error. When I boot into iBoot with the legacy CD, get to the menu and hit F5 the DVD does not show up on the screen. If I insert the DVD and then just hit enter I get the kernel panic message. I'm at a loss on this at not sure what to do at this point.

My system:
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P (BIOS at F9)
Core 2 Quad Q6600 not over clocked
4GB Memory
ATI Radeon HD 4870
WD Raptor 300GB SATA

Screenshot of the error:
2011-08-11_16-53-43_689.jpg

Thank you to anyone who can help get me up and running... mucho gracias!
myjunkiepc

Attachments

• 2011-08-11_16-53-43_689.jpg
    2011-08-11_16-53-43_689.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 102
When you use iBoot or iBoot Legacy, can you try typing -x -v PCIRootUID=1 and see it that helps matters any, if not post a screenshot.

@SnapMan; I ran iBoot & Legacy both with the command and they both yielded the same results. Screenshot1 is as darwin/SL is booting and then it goes to Screenshot2... Any thoughts?

Screenshot1--right when I hit enter...
Screenshot1.jpg

Screenshot2--screen from screenshot 1 flashes and goes to this...
Screenshot2.jpg

thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot1.jpg
    Screenshot1.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot2.jpg
    Screenshot2.jpg
    827 KB · Views: 82
myjunkiepc said:
@SnapMan; I ran iBoot & Legacy both with the command and they both yielded the same results. Screenshot1 is as darwin/SL is booting and then it goes to Screenshot2... Any thoughts?

Screenshot1--right when I hit enter...
Screenshot1.jpg

Screenshot2--screen from screenshot 1 flashes and goes to this...
Screenshot2.jpg

thanks

based on the last SS ,i think ur prob is with Evoreboot.kext which is either not present or corrupted ,anyway u can fix that with 2 ways
1-try to boot with evoreboot=no
2-have a window with macdrive installed then download the kext and put it in E/E first if not then in S/L/E ,dont worry it wont damage ur other kexts

also leave only one vga card till u get everything right then install the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back