Contribute
Register

Unable to install Nvidia web drivers (GTX 970) and also ethernet and audio (10.10.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5 4690k
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys. This is my first time attempting a CustoMac. I've gotten the installation of Yosemite to work fine, I installed it using Clover with my GPU (gtx 970) removed during the installation. When the dedicated GPU is not in use and I'm using intel HD, OSX's scaling works fine, but once I shut down the system and put my GPU back in and booted up again, it doesn't detect the GPU properly and just shows it as a generic Nvidia card, and it allocates 3MB of ram, which isn't very usable at all. It can boot up with nv_disable=1, nvda_dvr=1 or just the default in clover with the same result. Ticking the option of running in 1080p display mode in multibeast doesn't really do anything.

When I first installed Yosemite, it was just version 10.10, and I tried running multiple versions of web drivers, until I realised I had to update. I've updated to OS X 10.10.3, and downloaded the nvidia web driver version 346.01.02f01, but whenever I run it, it says "Mac OS X version 10.10.3 (14D136) is not supported with this package". When I first installed Yosemite, it was just version 10.10, and I tried running multiple versions of wedrivers, until I realised I had to update. I've tried using kextbeast to install all the kexts; plugins and bundles in the .pkg (I'm not sure that's how I'm meant to use it but I tried anyway). I've tried using pacifier to open the .pkg and tried installing it that way, but it didn't really do anything. However it did install a non-functional Nvidia driver manager in the system preferences, which I tried updating and replacing manually, but to no avail. The USB flash drive with clover that I installed OS X with has the config.plist as intel, but I'm no longer booting from the USB as I've installed clover's boot loader on the Yosemite drive already, which has Nvidia's config.plist in the EFI partition (I don't know if that made a difference), and I've also got FakeSMC and my ethernet kext in the EFI partition as well.

I've also been unable to load the Ethernet and audio drivers using multibeast. I load the proper ones (Killer E2200, ALC1150 respectively) and they didn't seem to work, the ethernet and audio jacks are not being detected, however my pci wireless card was automatically detected and works which is cool. Not the most of my concerns right now but I'd love to find a fix.

I've got windows loaded on a totally separate drive, I don't think that affects this, but just letting it out there. I also didn't add my DSDT and SSDT .aml files as installation with it didn't work.

Oops: forgot to mention that my motherboard is an MSI z97 gaming 5, with default BIOS settings besides VT-D disabled.

Really sorry if this specific question's been answered here before, this sounds like a really simple problem to fix but I've searched around and haven't found anything that's solved the driver issue yet. I'm sure I'm just missing something extremely simple or I'm just plain dumb

Hey guys. This is my first time attempting a CustoMac. I've gotten the installation of Yosemite to work fine, I installed it using Clover with my GPU (gtx 970) removed during the installation. When the dedicated GPU is not in use and I'm using intel HD, OSX's scaling works fine, but once I shut down the system and put my GPU back in and booted up again, it doesn't detect the GPU properly and just shows it as a generic Nvidia card, and it allocates 3MB of ram, which isn't very usable at all. It can boot up with nv_disable=1, nvda_dvr=1 or just the default in clover with the same result. Ticking the option of running in 1080p display mode in multibeast doesn't really do anything.

When I first installed Yosemite, it was just version 10.10, and I tried running multiple versions of web drivers, until I realised I had to update. I've updated to OS X 10.10.3, and downloaded the nvidia web driver version 346.01.02f01, but whenever I run it, it says "Mac OS X version 10.10.3 (14D136) is not supported with this package". When I first installed Yosemite, it was just version 10.10, and I tried running multiple versions of wedrivers, until I realised I had to update. I've tried using kextbeast to install all the kexts; plugins and bundles in the .pkg (I'm not sure that's how I'm meant to use it but I tried anyway). I've tried using pacifier to open the .pkg and tried installing it that way, but it didn't really do anything. However it did install a non-functional Nvidia driver manager in the system preferences, which I tried updating and replacing manually, but to no avail. The USB flash drive with clover that I installed OS X with has the config.plist as intel, but I'm no longer booting from the USB as I've installed clover's boot loader on the Yosemite drive already, which has Nvidia's config.plist in the EFI partition (I don't know if that made a difference), and I've also got FakeSMC and my ethernet kext in the EFI partition as well.

I've also been unable to load the Ethernet and audio drivers using multibeast. I load the proper ones (Killer E2200, ALC1150 respectively) and they didn't seem to work, the ethernet and audio jacks are not being detected, however my pci wireless card was automatically detected and works which is cool. Not the most of my concerns right now but I'd love to find a fix.

I've got windows loaded on a totally separate drive, I don't think that affects this, but just letting it out there. I also didn't add my DSDT and SSDT .aml files as installation with it didn't work.

Oops: forgot to mention that my motherboard is an MSI z97 gaming 5, with default BIOS settings besides VT-D disabled.

Really sorry if this specific question's been answered here before, this sounds like a really simple problem to fix but I've searched around and haven't found anything that's solved the driver issue yet. I'm sure I'm just missing something extremely simple or I'm just plain dumb

On my mobo I needed to select internal speaker before having sound on my build. So maybe that could an option. Also check if you lan is the first connection in the option menu. so, make it the first connection so it should work. Since it's not the same mobo as mine I have limited info.

GL & HF

Also, I was able to go through my install without ever having to pull the GPU. Just ensure you use boot arg "nv_disable=1" with your monitor plugged into your nvidia GPU the entire time through setup and install. Then install the web drivers (f04 as stated), and when you go to reboot after that, stop using the "nv_disable-1" boot arg and you'll be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back