Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-G77N
CPU
I7 3700K
Graphics
NVidia GForce GTX1060 3GB
Since I appear to have lots of time at home during are present nationwide crisis, and due to hating MS Windows, I decided to give the Hackintosh another try.

I had bought the hardware according to the specs back when I first bought the Snow Leopard CD. I had it partly working in the past with the only difference being that I originally installed it with onboard video, I now have a Gigabyte GTX1060 3gb video card and I bought a new 500gb SSD card where the original was 120GB. After the install I did install the Gigabyte video card but could still only get one monitor to work.
Hardware:

Gigabyte Z77N-wifi
8GB ram(had 2 8GB sticks and removed one)
Intel i7-3770K CPU

IMG_20200413_182421.jpg

I'm not really a hacker, so please keep your directions simple .

thanks

There is no support for the 1060 GPU in SL 10.6.x. Do you really need to run 10.6 or is this just a step for you to upgrade?
You need to boot with the iBoot Ivy Bridge for your hardware, using boot-arg nv_disable=1 to force the GPU to VESA mode. Then install SL and reboot with the same.

There is no support for the 1060 GPU in SL 10.6.x. Do you really need to run 10.6 or is this just a step for you to upgrade?
You need to boot with the iBoot Ivy Bridge for your hardware, using boot-arg nv_disable=1 to force the GPU to VESA mode. Then install SL and reboot with the same.
I planned to install then upgrade since I already had the Snow Leopard install CD. If there is an easier way for me to install the latest, without having access to a MAC computer, then let me know.
I removed the 1060 video card, but I'm still receiving an error:

panic (cpu 0 caller 0x55f81d....

This happens when I click on the MAC symbol. I have tried it with keeping the CD in as well as swapping it with the MAC OS CD. It comes up immediately.

You stated: using boot-arg nv_disable=1 to force the GPU to VESA mode.
So how do I do this? I'm just booting to the CD and letting it run and don't see an option to boot any other way in order to insert this command.

Attachments

• IMG_20200414_140436.jpg
    IMG_20200414_140436.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 120
Your Mod team is in the process of writing new guides to install Mac OS and use OpenCore instead of Clover.
If you can wait a week or 3 we may have them posted by then. First we have to complete the ones we are writing, then we switch off and test each others guide. This process does take some time.

Your Mod team is in the process of writing new guides to install Mac OS and use OpenCore instead of Clover.
If you can wait a week or 3 we may have them posted by then. First we have to complete the ones we are writing, then we switch off and test each others guide. This process does take some time.
Great, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back