Contribute
Register

Unable to install/boot on X9DAi and dual Sandy Bridge Xeons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare EXII
CPU
9900 XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Howdy everyone,

Been suffering on this one, I've already read all the posts around in the forum regarding dropping MATS/BGRT, adding the fix under Clover, replacing previous AppleACPI kext... none of these haver worked so far, or maybe I am doing it wrong. I get a Kernel Panic every time.

So I'm calling you guys, maybe someone with the same/similar board has made it... or maybe someone with more knowledge than me can point me the safe path.

Current build:

Supermicro X9DAi

2 x Xeons 2650 Sandy Bridge

32 Gb Ram

MacPro 6,1 SMBIOS

10.12.6 is running smooth and flawless at the moment. I've attached my SSDT (I use SSDT + SSDT1 for PM) to the post and also my config.plist, maybe there is something to dig in there I ignore.

EDIT :

Made some progress, I installed from 10.12.6 using the manual method on another drive High Sierra, from there I replaced AppleACPI kext from 10.12.6 to avoid getting an immediate Kernel Panic. Now startup moves on but then hangs at a particular moment and then the screen becomes garbled.

Please not that this is booting from SATA and NOT USB...

Thank you and any help will be greatly appreciated.

A.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 68
  • SSDT.aml.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 62
Follow-up :

It's not very clear in the photo I took, but USB seems to be loading, after that the stop sign arrives and garbles the screen but you can read there:

"Waiting for root device"

I've already tried different boot flags but none makes me pass this.

I DID IT! I managed to finally boot into High Sierra on this board.

The culprit ? Two things :

1) AppleACPI kext, giving me headaches and giving me KP's no matter what or fix. So I replaced it with the one from Sierra and got passed the KP's but was getting the stop sign and screen trash.

2) AppleAHCI in this High Sierra Beta is for some reason NOT LIKING the system, again, replaced It again with the one from Sierra and BOOM, passed through it... and finally booted into the system.

Still remain some problems:

- System is laggy and Geekbench sucks, so investigating the matter right now.
- No sound.
- No USB3 (FIXED)

Will keep posting advances in here.

EDIT 1 :

Got USB3 working, played with various SSDT's but none works and digging a little bit more I noticed that only one CPU stays loaded most of the time and the rest barely move so there resides the problem with the lagginess... might be the ACPI replacement I did with previous kext, will try to roll back and see if I can get things booting some way or another. Haven't taken time to investigate audio yet, PM is more important.

Last edited:
I DID IT! I managed to finally boot into High Sierra on this board.

Will keep posting advances in here.

Please do keep us posted about progress. I have the same board, but currently running Linux on it because I didn't dare to try to get MacOS runnning on it. Would be awesome if it worked though!

i am used x10dai MacOs 10.12.6 but not To solve all question about ssdt.I'm watching your ways and I'm rooting for you

Just tested new beta, things are getting worst... lots of errors, lots of problems, and replacing kexts isn't enough anymore.

CPU problems unresolved and doesn't seem likely it will get better... it's not related neither with AICPUPM, IOPlatformPlugin, etc... Now half of the cores are detected, so that means either only one CPU is detected/accepted or half of the cores.

Single CPU people with X79 are getting moderate success, this might be the announced death of dual cpu capability under macOS...

Any luck with the X9DA and High Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back