Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi so I just built a new pc with the intent of installing os x on it.
My specs are gigabyte p67-ud4-b3 rev. 1.1 F4
core i5 2500k
ati 5770

So here it goes...
I am using 10.6.3 dvd. I install 10.6.3 using the latest iBoot. It installs successfully. I open up multibeast with the dsdt from the database for my mobo on the desktop. I do not install anything from multibeast yet though.

Then i run the 10.6.8 combo update. It nearly finishes, but them I am greeted with a greyed screen and the message "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again." I have tried reformatting/reinstalling os x 10.6.3 a few times and attempting to install the 10.6.8 update over and over again- each time i get this error.

Is there something stupid I am forgetting? Must some piece of hardware be disabled in bios (network adapter, sound chip, etc?)

I have thoroghly searched these forums hoping to find a solution to no avail...

Any thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated! I'm 20 years old, and have been wanting to give Steve Jobs the finger by installing os x on pc hardware for at least 5 years now. I feel like I am so close! I don't want to have to install windows 7 :(

Guys thank you so much! I deleted the audio kext before upgrading to 10.6.8 and ran the sudo touch command as suggested in the linked threads, and BAM. 10.6.8 updated perfectly!

I really want to thank both of you for responding so quick. This is truly the beauty of the internet- I would have never been able to figure out my osx86 install if it wasn't for you all! I legitimately asked my question, went out for some food, and came back to find out my nightmare had been solved! This forum ROCKS!!

And if anyone is wondering, the p67-ud4-b3 is a GREAT sandy bridge board to go with (provided that you know to delete the audio kext before jumping to 10.6.8!)

Also, for future information, I did have to roll back the audio kext after installing to 10.6.8 as many have had to do to get the 889 audio chip working. No big deal of course- multibeast FOR THE WIN!!

chased13 said:
Guys thank you so much! I deleted the audio kext before upgrading to 10.6.8 and ran the sudo touch command as suggested in the linked threads, and BAM. 10.6.8 updated perfectly!

Which audio kext did you delete? These threads mention ACPI kext, and removing it (and doing touch) didn't help in my case...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back