CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
EDIT: Let me apologize to the moderators who have seen this post change multiple times. Each time I thought I understood the problem, I realized that I didn't. Below is my final assessment of the problem which I suspect is my own error somewhere or a CLOVER bug - but I'm not sure. The bottom line is that I am unable to inject my own custom EDID. I have attempted to inject via a DSDT patch and via CLOVER config.plist. Neither works correctly. Details below.

What am I doing wrong that is preventing me from injecting my own custom EDID (either via my patched DSDT.aml or via CLOVER config.plist)?

Details:

CLOVER R4961's injection of "edid" (for graphics) is case sensitive. If "EDID" (all caps) is defined in the patched DSDT.aml, there will be two "edid" injections ("EDID" and "edid") as shown in the attached file "two-edids." This double injection of edid will happen if someone follows Rehabman's DSDT patching example graphics_nvidia_gt520m.txt. From what I've observed (limited observations so far), CLOVER R4961 always injects a default "edid" even if "Inject EDID" is not enabled in config.plist.

If "edid" is defined in DSDT.aml, CLOVER's injected default "edid" will override the definition in DSDT.aml.

If "Inject EDID" is enabled in config.plist, CLOVER will not inject the EDID specified in config.plist. Instead, it appears to inject its own default EDID.

What am I doing wrong that is preventing me from injecting my own custom EDID (either via my patched DSDT.aml or via CLOVER config.plist)?

I have not updated my signature with this new system, so system details are below.

• Dell Latitude E6410 (I7-620m, Nvidia GeForce NVS 3100M, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
  • MacOS: High Sierra 10.13.6 (APFS)
  • CLOVER: Legacy, R4961

Attachments

• two-edids.png
    two-edids.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 220
  • debug_21477.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:
If I attempt to inject my custom EDID with CLOVER config.plist, the wrong EDID is injected (as viewed with IORegistryExplorer in the attached picture). It appears that CLOVER always injects its own default EDID regardless of the "Inject EDID" setting and regardless of the patched DSDT.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 9.57.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 9.57.02 PM.png
    29 KB · Views: 236
Can anyone offer advice for switching from the "official" CLOVER (legacy) installation (from SourceForge.net) to Rehabman's CLOVER builds? Details below. Thank you.

I tried removing the "official" CLOVER R4961 (deleted all files from EFI) and installing Rehabman's latest build (Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963). My laptop would not boot with Rehabman's CLOVER installation. It's as though the laptop can't find the CLOVER boot loader. Switched back to the "official" build and my laptop boots again. There is clearly something about CLOVER and Legacy installation that I do not understand.

Last edited:
Tried to install Rehabman's CLOVER (Legacy) boot loader (Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963) on a USB drive. USB device would not boot. Does Rehabman's CLOVER boot loader support Legacy mode? Switched USB device back to CLOVER (Legacy) R4961 and it boots without any problems.

Tried to install Rehabman's CLOVER (Legacy) boot loader (Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963) on a USB drive. USB device would not boot. Does Rehabman's CLOVER boot loader support Legacy mode? Switched USB device back to CLOVER (Legacy) R4961 and it boots without any problems.
Rehabman's version of clover needs an update to be able to work on latest Mojave

Rehabman's version of clover needs an update to be able to work on latest Mojave
That's good to know, thanks. For this forum, I am doing all of my testing in High Sierra 10.13.6 (not Mojave). I have installed Rehabman's variant of CLOVER on a USB and on my SSD and it doesn't boot in either case (CLOVER Legacy). As soon as I revert to the "official" CLOVER build (R4961), USB and SSD booting works great. I'd like to try Rehabman's variant, because he appears to have resolved the EDID injection problem I observed.

Solution: I was able to inject a custom EDID by inserting a new DisplayVendorID-XXXX folder in /S/L/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides only to discover that my custom EDID was wrong :).

I believe that DSDT-injection of EDID requires the EDID property to be "AAPL00,override-no-connect" as mentioned in Rehabman's laptop backlight control guide.

Still not sure why I couldn't inject EDID with CLOVER.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back