Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Tried booting into my Asus Rog MAximus X Hero, but I am unable to press DEL or F2 to enter BIOS setup. Instead it hangs on this screen, and pressing F1 does nothing. I tried booting without the SATA connected and got the same screen(minus the recognized SATA). The motherboard prints a Q-Code of A2 "IDE Detected"

The keyboards work, I've tried all USB inputs (with no other USB devices attached). The only command that works is ctrl+alt+del to restart the computer.

I've tried reseting the CMOS as well.

Very perplexing, is it just a bad board?

Attachments

• 20181021_195038.jpg
    20181021_195038.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 179
Tried booting into my Asus Rog Maximus X Hero, but I am unable to press DEL or F2 to enter BIOS setup. Instead it hangs on this screen, and pressing F1 does nothing. I tried booting without the SATA connected and got the same screen(minus the recognized SATA). The motherboard prints a Q-Code of A2 "IDE Detected"

The keyboards work, I've tried all USB inputs (with no other USB devices attached). The only command that works is ctrl+alt+del to restart the computer.

I've tried reseting the CMOS as well.

Very perplexing, is it just a bad board?

Did you try disconnecting everything apart from the keyboard and the graphics card? Did you make sure all things are securely connected?

If you cannot enter the BIOS even in this simple configuration, then it is probably a hardware problem.

Have you tried updating your BIOS?
If so, which version.
What was the most recent BIOS configuration that worked ?
Fallback to original BIOS and start testing from there.

Curious/\/\ac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back