Contribute
Register

Unable to get RX Vega working with High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
wake through usb, haven't tried with the power button.

Netflix on Safari does indeed seem to be broken. The page doesn't load past login, but Safari doesn't crash. No GPU activity (at least from on-card LEDs)
Netflix works Chrome though.

Did you get chrome to work with Acceleration? All the electron apps and chrome/opera crash by overloading vega.

wake through usb, haven't tried with the power button.

Netflix on Safari does indeed seem to be broken. The page doesn't load past login, but Safari doesn't crash. No GPU activity (at least from on-card LEDs)
Netflix works Chrome though.

hi @bub505
today i have little time to make some experiment with hack. i have seen your files, and in my humble opinion you have a lot of errors-fixing to do.
for example:
-acpi/patched you have this SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0 , while you have and card.
-in kext, you are using fakepciid, that is not more necessary
-various fixe on config.plist
devices/addproperties removed. replaced by kext intelgraphicsfixup
graphics 0x59120000 replaced by 0x59120003 (connector less)
kernel and kext patches/fakecpuid removed because 7700k is totally supported since sierra 10.12.6
smbios (and this is funny) you have the imac18,3 with older bios, so how did you install high sierra without getting firmware check error? by the way here you have the correct one.

are you so kind to try these files and have a look to your system (and sleep behavior)? thank you

Attachments

• CLOVER fixed.zip
    773.7 KB · Views: 75
  • CLOVER fixed.zip
    773.7 KB · Views: 95
Finally got my Rx Vega 64 working perfectly, after three weeks of staring boot up screen getting stuck on graphics detection:mrgreen: The trick I found was in only one forum and even there briefly included in the comment field. I just wonder why it was not described anywhere as a working solution, almost every body just said Vega works OOB when it clearly does not.

Could be also that this was just related to my build that nothing else worked than removing this specific file starting with alphabet E from clover folder dr. Could also be that it should not have been there in the first place:crazy:

It seems Vega does not work in quicktime with 5k files as well as HD630 at the moment but in Final cut it flies, BruceX test went in 11,4 seconds, when with 980Ti it took over 33 seconds:mrgreen:

Now, all that needs to be fixed is shutdown and having proper id's for connecting it to network:lol:

Edit: It seems after following the Idiot's guide to iMessage I could use also Emuvariable so it was just a problem in my build. The main thing is that build and Vega works now, even with FCPX:) Of course export only works to Process 422 but I don't mind and stabilization is not a problem when you can do it in the camera:mrgreen:

Last edited:
hi every one,
i just bought an rx Vega, its an asus strix vega 64 (see here),

my problem is that what ever the setting i use i am unable to access to the login window, the system reboot with panic just before that,

i allready tried, to inject the Framebuffer with SSDT, wathevergreen, a clean install, and many clover's settings but nothings works,

please help !!!

hi every one,
i just bought an rx Vega, its an asus strix vega 64 (see here),

my problem is that what ever the setting i use i am unable to access to the login window, the system reboot with panic just before that,

i allready tried, to inject the Framebuffer with SSDT, wathevergreen, a clean install, and many clover's settings but nothings works,

please help !!!
Do you have the logs? You can find them by coonecting your usb drive to clover configurator. Or if your OS is already installed and you are upgrading then you can use the UEFI shell to access and copy logs.

Hopefully someone can help me here. I recently switched from an NVidia card (1080ti) to a Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64. I uninstalled the Web Drivers, which worked great, but since switching to the Vega 64, I have had some major issues.

I have two LG 4K monitors connected via HDMI (haven't tried Display Port) and both displays show up, but I can't get more than 1080p resolution and 30Hz (my monitors are 60Hz). I have tried WhateverGreen and the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy patch. But still I am having an issue...

I attached my config.plist and what I see for the monitor to this. Any help would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 7.47.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 7.47.58 PM.png
    479 KB · Views: 53
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back