Contribute
Register

Unable to get RX Vega working with High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
@bub505
hi. i've seen you wrote that sleep is working.
have you got ogpu enabled (for quick sync) or just the vega enabled?
i have both, display connected to my vega trough display port but i have black screen on wake

ps.other question: have you realized a slow boot with nvme and high sierra? mine boot time is slower than sierra

Just the Vega, the integrated GPU is disabled in BIOS right now.
I wouldn't be able to give you a boot time comparison to Sierra - I only tried High Sierra. Can't say it's extremely fast though: not sure exactly how to describe it, but the first part of the boot is quite slow (the part of the boot before the screen output resolution switches). The second part is almost instantaneous.

I only have one DP display, so can't really say for the other DP ports, but I did just try with a secondary HDMI display, and everything seems to be working just fine - the desktop extended automatically.

Yes, only HDMI and one DP is working for me too.

have you got ogpu enabled (for quick sync) or just the vega enabled?
Quick follow up: I spent some time activating the integrated GPU but still using the RX Vega as primary graphics.
Sleep still works and quick sync seems enabled (tested using MacX Video Converter Pro which says Intel acceleration is available)

I was able to fix this problem. I needed Pike's patch for AppleGraphicsKext.. :D :D

Quick follow up: I spent some time activating the integrated GPU but still using the RX Vega as primary graphics.
Sleep still works and quick sync seems enabled (tested using MacX Video Converter Pro which says Intel acceleration is available)

@bub505 please, can you share your clover folder?

in bios, have you got peg or igfx as primary? your monitor is connected to the Vega, right?

Last edited:
@bub505 please, can you share your clover folder?

in bios, have you got peg or igfx as primary? your monitor is connected to the Vega, right?
@xelanaiznac - here you go, hope this helps!
Primary gfx is indeed the Vega, to which my monitor is connected

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 150
@xelanaiznac - here you go, hope this helps!
Primary gfx is indeed the Vega, to which my monitor is connected

thank you.
how are you waking from sleep your hack? trough usb mouse or keyboard or trough power button?
I found out that if I wake my hack trough power button, everything is ok. if I wake the hack trough mouse or usb, it wakes but with black screen no signal

ps can you check please if you have Netflix working in safari?
it works for me in firefox but no in safari

thank you.
how are you waking from sleep your hack? trough usb mouse or keyboard or trough power button?
I found out that if I wake my hack trough power button, everything is ok. if I wake the hack trough mouse or usb, it wakes but with black screen no signal

ps can you check please if you have Netflix working in safari?
it works for me in firefox but no in safari

wake through usb, haven't tried with the power button.

Netflix on Safari does indeed seem to be broken. The page doesn't load past login, but Safari doesn't crash. No GPU activity (at least from on-card LEDs)
Netflix works Chrome though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back