CPU
Intel i7 2600k
Graphics
Asus Strix GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi all

I have an Asus Z170-K with a 6700K.

I've got a 4.6ghz overclock working great in windows by adjusting the voltage and multiplier in the bios.

However no matter what I try, I cannot get it to work in OSX - both HWMonitor and Intel Power Gadget show a maximum of 4ghz.

I've tried with speedstep on and off, with all the C states disabled, with different RAM speeds, VT-D on and VT-D off, virtualisation on/off, and still OSX wont show the correct clock. Trying geekbench confirms this too, there is no change in score with multiplier set to standard and to 46.

I've also tried system defintions 3,1 6,1 iMac 15,2, 17,1 and no difference.

I'm currently using iMac 17,1 as I've found speed stepping works best there - even with it disabled in BIOS, 17,1 allows CPU power management, and the cpu throttles to 1ghz when idle.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks

Ok worked it out, I enabled "generate P states" in Clover Configurator and this fixed it. Confirmed by a substantial increase in Geekbench score too.

Not sure if i should enable "generate C states"? Will this help with power usage?

Hi, I have the same problem. My Geekbench Score is too low compared to other builds. I have configured clover in Mac14,2. I will try to switch to 17.1 to see if it increases performance.

Can you show a screenshot of the Acpi tab in clover Configurator?, Thanks

I will be attentive to this issue.:clap:
Best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back