Contribute
Register

Unable to get Intel i219-v Ethernet working (Asus z490 TUF Gaming Plus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170M-D3H
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 950
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

For some strange reason, this ethernet port does not work on the Mac (tried in Catalina and Big Sur). It shows up fine under Windows 10. It's not disabled in BIOS. I have used IntelMausiEthernet as well as IntelMausi w/o success. Kextstat shows that the driver is indeed loading.

Specs:
Asus z490 TUF Gaming Plus
Intel core i5-10500
OpenCore 0.6.7
Latest Big Sur
AMD RX5500

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• config copy.plist
    23.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 10.16.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 10.16.04 AM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 52
Do you still have the other Ethernet kexts in your /OC/kexts folder? I can see that they have been disabled in the config.plist, but I assume they have not been removed.

You have a number of kexts that are disabled in the config.plist. I would recommend you remove them from the config and the /OC/Kexts folder if you are not using them.
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  • AppleIntelE1000e.kext
  • USBInjectAll.kext
  • USBMap.kext
  • RTCMemoryFixup.kext
Are you sure your DeviceProperties for the Intel I219-v is required?
Are you sure the AAPL,slot-name is correct?

Are you sure you require SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml for your system to run, it is not one of the recommended SSDT's for a Comet Lake system.

Are you sure you require SSDT-AWAC-HPET.aml for your system to run, it is not one of the recommended SSDT's for a Comet Lake system. SSDT-AWAC.aml is the recommended SSDT, which you also have in your /OC/ACPI folder. Duplicating the AWAC (NVRAM) fix may not be helpful. I don't think your Comet Lake system needs the SSDT-HPET.aml fix, which a number of older systems require to boot macOS Catalina and Big Sur.

Have you disabled CFG-Lock in your Bios? If not you need to enable AppleXcpmCfgLock in your config.plist.

If you are using an SSD for your macOS drive you should enable the ThirdPartyDrives quirk, which sets TRIM for any non-Apple SSD's. This quirk can be found directly above the XhciPortLimit quirk, in the Kernel > Quirks section.

If you are not using your USBMap.kext, which you config.plist says is so, then you should enable the XhciPortLimit quirk, so you have functioning USB ports/headers while you troubleshoot this issue.

You have two entries enabling the Audio layout-id in your config.plist. The First is in the DeviceProperties section, the second is in the Boot argument (NVRAM) section. You don't need both.

Thanks for the tips. I accidentally sent the config from mods I made based upon a similar build I found online. I corrected the errors and confirmed that the motherboard indeed has Intel i219-v chipset. I've also included the Hackintool screenshot with the address for the ethernet port.

Attachments

• config-mod.plist
    20.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 4.13.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 4.13.52 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
Here's what I get when I run IOReg.

I don't understand why it's there but I can't access it via the Network Preference panel. I've even deleted the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration folders w/o any change.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 4.25.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 4.25.23 PM.png
    757.7 KB · Views: 43
Did you delete the other Network devices from the System Preferences > Network pane when you deleted the SystemConfiguration folder (contents)?

Did you reset Nvram when you next booted your system, so any existing issues in the Nvram were cleared?

Can you post a copy of your IOReg, not a screenshot from a section of the IOReg.

You might also want to try adding the change GLAN to GIGE rename patch to your config.plist. That is usually more a cosmetic fix, so the system displays what Apple expect the Ethernet device to be named, rather than a true fix.

I have attached a revised config-modv2.plist, which includes the GLAN to GIGE rename patch plus one for rename SAT0 to SATA and one for rename XHCI to XHC. You may want to try booting with this config, just to see what if any difference it makes.

Attachments

• config-modv2.plist.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 35
Edhawk, thank you for the suggestions. I added the APIC patches to the config file. Deleted the other network devices and redeleted the SysConfig folder contents (and as much of the caches under SLE/LE folders as it allowed). Reset the NVRAM on reboot.

Still no Ethernet.

Here's the ioreg dump.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• iMac.ioreg
    6.8 MB · Views: 38
When you delete the files within the SystemConfiguration folder are you mounting the drive in read/write mode before you undertake the deletion process?

The System files on Catalina and Big Sur are protected from accidental damage/deletion. If the drive is not mounted in read/write mode beforehand, the files won't be removed. They may appear to have been deleted, but the system will ignore the process and regenerate the exact same files when it next boots.

The easiest way to mount the drive in read/write mode is to use Hackintool application, navigate to the Utilities tab and select the Gatekeeper icon (image of a House):

Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 17.47.39.png Gatekeeper icon highlighted in red box.

Thanks for the tip. This is what I get back:

spctl --master-disable
mount -uw /
mount_apfs: volume could not be mounted: Permission denied
mount: / failed with 66
killall Finder
spctl --master-disable
mount -uw /
mount_apfs: volume could not be mounted: Permission denied
mount: / failed with 66
killall Finder

This is what I see when I select that option in Hackintool:

Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 19.12.55.png I'm asked to enter my password

Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 19.13.05.png I'm asked to confirm I want to mount the drive

Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 19.13.27.png This is the result of the drive being mounted in read/write mode.

So I have no idea why your drive won't mount.

The only thing I can think would be an issue is if you are running an older version of macOS, which version are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back