Graphics
HP4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After successfully installing the latest version of Mavericks and configuring it using the probook installer, I've now replaced the default wifi-card with a BC 4352 HMB (BT 4.0) card.

However, it does not seem to work out of the box and I'm not sure how to proceed.

Opening system preferences outputs:

Software Versions:
CoreWLAN: 4.3.3 (433.48)
CoreWLANKit: 3.3.2 (332.36)
Menu Extra: 9.3.2 (932.35)
System Information: 9.0 (900.8)
IO80211 Family: 6.4 (640.36)
Diagnostics: 3.0 (300.40)
AirPort Utility: 6.3.2 (632.3)
Interfaces:
en2:
Card Type: Third-Party Wireless Card
MAC Address: 2c:d0:5a:44:d4:2b
Supported PHY Modes: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
Supported Channels: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64, 100, 104, 108, 112, 116, 132, 136, 140, 144, 149, 153, 157, 161, 165
Wake On Wireless: Supported
AirDrop: Supported

Whenever I try to turn wifi on, it simply stays in offline mode. When clicking on the bluetooth icon form the menu bar, it says: BT: not available.

The DCPI-Manager seems to recognise the wifi card, as it is listed under the PCI-List with the correct name. I'm not sure if that helps tough.

Am I supposed to reconfigure the laptop using the probook installer? Since version 6.1, it seems to support my wifi card. If so, which options need to be checked?

I'm happy to provide more information if needed.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm sure that others might have faced a similar situation.

After successfully installing the latest version of Mavericks and configuring it using the probook installer, I've now replaced the default wifi-card with a BC 4352 HMB (BT 4.0) card.

However, it does not seem to work out of the box and I'm not sure how to proceed.

Verify your WiFi card works in Windows or Linux.

Thank you for your reply.

The wifi card works in Linux / Ubuntu.

After installing Linux (to verify that the WiFi card works), the card is now actually recognised and I was able to connect to a network.

Before installing Linux on a separate SSD, I've restarted the computer several times (including removing the power source).

I have not changed any settings, it simply seems to work. Since then, I've rebooted Mavericks to verify that it keeps working.

As this seems fairly strange (at least to me), I'd be keen what caused getting the WiFi card to work!

However, BT is still not working. Does this require installing a kext file in order to set it up?

However, BT is still not working. Does this require installing a kext file in order to set it up?

You probably need some sort of firmware uploader kext for BT...

Thank you for your help. I was now able to install the respective kext. I'm now able to activate BT, however no devices are listed yet.

For anyone facing a similar issue: There is a Bluetooth Firmware Uploader posted in a different community. A new release might even fix the issue of not finding any device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back