I7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi people,

I'm able to get into my hackintosh just fine without issues. Graphics, Restarting, DVD Drive, and Ethernet work fine! Only one problem. I cannot get audio on my hackintosh. I tried installing a universal audio kext with multibeast and got this afterwards "The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update." I tried downloading it offline and using kext utility and still no luck. Anyone think they can help me get audio working with IDT 92HD89E. I really don't want to have to purchase an audio chard if I don't have to.

Thanks!

Hi people,

I'm able to get into my hackintosh just fine without issues. Graphics, Restarting, DVD Drive, and Ethernet work fine! Only one problem. I cannot get audio on my hackintosh. I tried installing a universal audio kext with multibeast and got this afterwards "The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update." I tried downloading it offline and using kext utility and still no luck. Anyone think they can help me get audio working with IDT 92HD89E. I really don't want to have to purchase an audio chard if I don't have to.

Thanks!

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Thanks but I guess I should've mentioned that this is a desktop and not a laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back