Contribute
Register

Unable to get 4K @60Hz using DisplayPort 1.2 on Asus GTX960 4GB and Asus PB287Q display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master F11e
CPU
i9-9900K @ 5 GHz
Graphics
RX 5700XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[SOLVED] Unable to get 4K @60Hz using DisplayPort 1.2 on Asus GTX960 4GB and Asus PB287Q display

Hi Guys,

I am facing the following problems on my new El Capitan install on a new machine (specs in signature) -

- I am not able to get to the login screen if I am connecting the monitor using a DisplayPort cable. The Clover bootscreen also comes up with VGA resolution. I am using the "nvda_drv=1" abd "kext-dev-mode=1" flags. If I use a HDMI connector, I get 4K at 30Hz. Using the DisplayPort cable, it won't boot up to the login screen, no matter what I try.

- 'About This Mac' displays my graphics card's memory as 0GB. If I remove the Inject nvda option from clover (as suggested by slim.jim), the system won't boot past the clover screen.

Please help.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
So the problem resolved itself. I just switched cables and ports around till I found the right combination.

There's still a small glitch, however - Clover starts up in VGA mode. The icons are coarse and stretched out. It looks very bad on a 28-inch 4K monitor.

Any way this can be fixed to at least boot clover into 1920x1080 mode?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back