Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
Hi,

I'm a very confused noob that recently installed Yosemite on my U310. So far, I am unable to boot into Yosemite through my hard drive, and I always get the boot0 error. Right now I boot into Yosemite using the Unibeast USB drive I used for installation.

I've tried the boot1h fix many times, but it did not work (I've even copied the boot1h file manually into OSX's root drive). I've tried installing Clover AND Chameleon using their respective wizards, but this did not fix the problem.

Again, I'm very noob at hackintoshing, so I don't even know what info to post to help anyone see into my issue. Here is some info I do know that may pertain to the problem:

My hard drive setup:

1 32 GB SSD, two primary partitions
1 500 GB HDD:
- 1 GB Recovery Partition
- 260 MB EFI Partition
- 1 GB OEM Partition
- 237.42 GB Windows 8 Partition (NTFS)
- 180.06 GB OS X Partition
- 620 MB Partition
- 350 MB Recovery Partition
- 25 GB FAT32 Partition
- 20 GB Recovery Partition

The actual error message:

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: error

Standard UniBeast installation, first installed Chimera using Multibeast, then Chameleon using Chameleon wizard, then Clover using the Clover package file.

Also I am able to boot into my Windows 8.1 installation on the disk using Windows 8 Boot Manager, but booting from the hard drive is useless.

If anyone needs any additional info I will be glad to provide it.

The actual error message:

boot0: error

Standard UniBeast installation, first installed Chimera using Multibeast, then Chameleon using Chameleon wizard, then Clover using the Clover package file.

Also I am able to boot into my Windows 8.1 installation on the disk using Windows 8 Boot Manager, but booting from the hard drive is useless.

If anyone needs any additional info I will be glad to provide it.

Please use Search before posting - This is a very common problem - Link.

Good Luck

I did search a lot before I took the trouble to sign up for tonymacx86.

It turns out the issue was just me being stupid--the name of my disk was disk1s9, but the disk identifier actually was disk0s6. So boot1h'ing to /dev/disk0s6 worked and my installation works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back