Contribute
Register

Unable to enable Audio on ALC272 (OS X Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-Gaming 3
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
RX580 / HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,
I had tried multiple ways to enable audio on my laptop Lenovo Z570. It having the ALC272 audio codec. I know that we can enable the audio by installing voodooHDA 2.7.3, but i have some issues with the voodooHDA method. So i would like to enable the audio through native method. I had tried lot of guides like manual patching AppleHDA,etc. Also tried installation of already patched ALC272 kext along with the layout changes in DSDT.aml. But unfortunately couldn't become successful. Even the kext is not loading. Here i am attaching installed kext,DSDT.aml and IOreg file.

Kindly guide me how to enable the Audio in my laptop.

Thanks in advance,
Jithin Chandran

Attachments

• Jithin’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.6 MB · Views: 182
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 156
  • DSDT.aml
    38.8 KB · Views: 194
Hi All,
I had tried multiple ways to enable audio on my laptop Lenovo Z570. It having the ALC272 audio codec. I know that we can enable the audio by installing voodooHDA 2.7.3, but i have some issues with the voodooHDA method. So i would like to enable the audio through native method. I had tried lot of guides like manual patching AppleHDA,etc. Also tried installation of already patched ALC272 kext along with the layout changes in DSDT.aml. But unfortunately couldn't become successful. Even the kext is not loading. Here i am attaching installed kext,DSDT.aml and IOreg file.

Kindly guide me how to enable the Audio in my laptop.

Thanks in advance,
Jithin Chandran

Your DSDT is patched incorrectly...

Code:
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
            {
                Store (Package ([B]0x0C[/B])
                    {
                        "built-in", 
                        Buffer (One)
                        {
                             0x00                                           
                        }, 

"layout-id", 
                        Unicode ("\x03"), 
                        "PinConfigurations", 
                        Buffer (One)
                        {
                             0x00                                           
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                Return (Local0)
            }

Package length is declared as 12 (0x0C), but only 6 entries follow. The _DSM is invalid and thus ignored.

Hi RehabMan,
Thanks for the fast response. How can i resolve this issue? I am not expertise in ACPI programming. Can you please suggest which value i have to put there instead of 12. I just copy/paste the _DSM contents from the read me file which came along with the patched kext. The same file i have attached here.

Thanks In Advance,
Jithin Chandran

Attachments

• AppleHDA-267.0-ALC272.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 144
Hi RehabMan,
Thanks for the fast response. How can i resolve this issue? I am not expertise in ACPI programming. Can you please suggest which value i have to put there instead of 12. I just copy/paste the _DSM contents from the read me file which came along with the patched kext. The same file i have attached here.

Thanks In Advance,
Jithin Chandran

If that was the _DSM provided in the README, the README was wrong.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix

Note: Your existing DSDT already has "IRQ Fix"

Hi RehabMan,
I had applied Audio Layout 12 patch to my DSDT and changed the layout from 12 to 03 (as my kext using the layout 3). Then rebooted, but no audio. I went for manual kext loading but no luck. I just captured the screenshot of the system log while trying to load the patched AppleHDA.kext. If you are not busy kindly have a look into the attached screenshot and guide me to fix the problem. Also attached the modified DSDT and IOReg.

Thanks In Advance,
Jithin Chandran

Attachments

• Jithin’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.7 MB · Views: 170
  • DSDT.aml
    38.9 KB · Views: 166
  • System Log.png
    System Log.png
    429.4 KB · Views: 346
Hi RehabMan,
I had applied Audio Layout 12 patch to my DSDT and changed the layout from 12 to 03 (as my kext using the layout 3). Then rebooted, but no audio. I went for manual kext loading but no luck. I just captured the screenshot of the system log while trying to load the patched AppleHDA.kext. If you are not busy kindly have a look into the attached screenshot and guide me to fix the problem. Also attached the modified DSDT and IOReg.

Thanks In Advance,
Jithin Chandran

Are you running Mavericks or Yosemite? (You are posting in the Mavericks forum).

If Yosemite, you need to use kernel flag kext-dev-mode=1 in order to load unsigned or patched kexts.

Also, it appears you have some issues with one of the AppleHDA dependency kexts. Do a fresh install.

Are you running Mavericks or Yosemite? (You are posting in the Mavericks forum).

If Yosemite, you need to use kernel flag kext-dev-mode=1 in order to load unsigned or patched kexts.

Laptop running with OS X 10.9 "Mavericks"

Also, it appears you have some issues with one of the AppleHDA dependency kexts. Do a fresh install.

Note above ^^^^

AppleHDA is not loading due to corruption of some other kext...

Hi RehabMan,
I have just completed the fresh installation of the 10.9. Then booted with my old DSDT. Installed the kext. Still it is not loading and in system log same errors are showing. Please find the attached screenshot.

Thanks In Advance,
Jithin Chandran

Attachments

• After Re Install.png
    After Re Install.png
    434.9 KB · Views: 317
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back