Contribute
Register

Unable to disable VT-D, Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try the bootflag dart=0 it worked for me.

Also, some people forget to scroll down on the Bios page to find the VT_d setting. It caught me out once!

Hi there I have a Intel i3-5005U @ 2.00 GHz 8GB Ram I have a Samsung UEFI Bios, which I can't see the "Disable VT-d and also IDE to SATA." I tried to boot from the usb, and i get stuck at the boot logo. HELP PLEASEEE!!!!!!

Hi there I have a Intel i3-5005U @ 2.00 GHz 8GB Ram I have a Samsung UEFI Bios, which I can't see the "Disable VT-d and also IDE to SATA." I tried to boot from the usb, and i get stuck at the boot logo. HELP PLEASEEE!!!!!!
Enter hardware in profile.

Hi guys...I have the GA-87K-HD3 w/i4770, GTX 770; and gratified to see that I don't have to worry about the VT-d issue...but I am still trying to find out how to get to verbose mode (High Sierra unibeast installer) when I hit the USB install. It freezes up about half way through with Apple logo and progress bar...and I need to see what it is choking on. Thanks for any assistance.

Hi guys...I have the GA-87K-HD3 w/i4770, GTX 770; and gratified to see that I don't have to worry about the VT-d issue...but I am still trying to find out how to get to verbose mode (High Sierra unibeast installer) when I hit the USB install. It freezes up about half way through with Apple logo and progress bar...and I need to see what it is choking on. Thanks for any assistance.
2 ways -
First, at the clover screen as it counts down, hit the right arrow key until you get to Clover options
hit enter and make sure the hi-lite is on boot args - hit enter to select, type -v, hit enter again, arrow down to return, hit enter, takes you back to the Clover selection screen again, select installer icon and hit enter.
Note this is a one time change - reboot requires you to do it again.

Second way is to add -v to boot args in the config.plist in EFI/Clover

Chances are that Samsung has locked down the UEFI so that you cannot make changes. Many laptops are sold with the BIOS/UEFI this way. Samsung laptops were notorious for UEFI crash & burn when trying to run Linux on them a few years ago due to buggy UEFI implementation. If your manual does not have anything in it in the BIOS/UEFI settings part of it then you can forget trying to change it. As for the IDE/SATA, chances are any Broadwell based laptop will not have IDE at all - it will either be SATA or M.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back