GTX 650
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm writing to ask for some help.

Although I had a USB key that I regularly created with Unibeast and an original download of Mavericks, I encountered some issues at startup because both keyboard and mouse weren't recognized on a H55M-UD2H.
Thus I followed the advice to substitute the DSDT.aml file with the correct one for the motherboard, in /Extra folder.

The startup went as expected and both keyboard and mouse were recognized, but when I selected the USB Installer, I got an endless coloured ball running... After 20 minutes of inactivity I restarted the PC but from that moment I wasn't able to boot with USB anymore.

Thus I did an attempt to recreate the USB installer with Unibeast, but it refuses to do it because it states the Mavericks file is corrupted and must be downloaded again :(
Double clicking on it the installation process starts, but I need to install Mavericks onto another HD.

What am I to do?
Please help.

Re-download a new copy of Mavericks from the Mac App store under the Purchased tab.
You will need to delete any previous downloads that are still in Applications or other folders.
Then empty the trash before trying to download a new copy.

Re-download a new copy of Mavericks from the Mac App store under the Purchased tab.
You will need to delete any previous downloads that are still in Applications or other folders.
Then empty the trash before trying to download a new copy.
Very kind of yours.
I had a bad time trying to recover my Apple Store password, fumbling among iPad, iPhone and two computers running Snow Leopard.
Actually I'm downloading Mavericks and deleted the previous installer file.
The download began before I deleted the old installer file... Hope not having created an issue within an issue...

By the way, the issues began aftewr having substituted the DSDT.aml file coming from the Unibeast creation, with the renamed DSDT.aml coming from the DSDT expecially made for H55M-UD2H F11.
In this case, I had both keyboard and mouse recognized, but the installer didn't show up after a long time.
That's why I reset the computer... and perhaps I damaged the USB key, at least in its installer role.

By the way, the issues began aftewr having substituted the DSDT.aml file coming from the Unibeast creation, with the renamed DSDT.aml coming from the DSDT expecially made for H55M-UD2H F11.
In this case, I had both keyboard and mouse recognized, but the installer didn't show up after a long time.
That's why I reset the computer... and perhaps I damaged the USB key, at least in its installer role.
UniBeast does not create a DSDT. If you have one on the UniBeast USB installer you had to have copied it there when you created it.
Apple retagged the dates for all downloads at the beginning of this year and older copies of your downloads you have archived will no longer work unless you set the date/time on the PC to last year or earlier.

UniBeast does not create a DSDT. If you have one on the UniBeast USB installer you had to have copied it there when you created it.
Apple retagged the dates for all downloads at the beginning of this year and older copies of your downloads you have archived will no longer work unless you set the date/time on the PC to last year or earlier.
Very kind of yours. You know that your replies make me happpy.
Anway, I succeeded creating a Mavericks USB installer with Unibeast at last, redownloading it from AppleStore.
Then I attempted to install Mavericks but, as you read it before, I encountered that annoying unrecognized USB keyboard and mouse.
Thus I added a DSDT but although USB keyboard and mouse are recognized, I 'm not able to get the installer screen. Only a coloured endless running wheel.
I think to make other attempts with Mavericks, and in the meantime I succeeded installing El Capitan except audio working.
Thisa H55M-UD2H is a real pain in the ass... :(

Very kind of yours. You know that your replies make me happpy.
Anway, I succeeded creating a Mavericks USB installer with Unibeast at last, redownloading it from AppleStore.
Then I attempted to install Mavericks but, as you read it before, I encountered that annoying unrecognized USB keyboard and mouse.
Thus I added a DSDT but although USB keyboard and mouse are recognized, I 'm not able to get the installer screen. Only a coloured endless running wheel.
I think to make other attempts with Mavericks, and in the meantime I succeeded installing El Capitan except audio working.
Thisa H55M-UD2H is a real pain in the ass... :(
This board has PS/2 port, yes? Try connect KB to USB port next to PS/2 port and mouse to the other one. These are the 2 most likely to be active.
Next, check BIOS - have you enabled USB Keyboard and USB mouse usage? Some of the Award AMI BIOSes you specifically had to enable USB KB/M or only the PS/2 port would work.

Have you thought about trying this combination of parts to convert a USB KB and mouse to PS/2 and then connecting them to a 2-to-1 "Y" adapter and using PS/2 port?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000A0K2JO/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HDGULP8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000067SLZ/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

This board has PS/2 port, yes? Try connect KB to USB port next to PS/2 port and mouse to the other one. These are the 2 most likely to be active.
Next, check BIOS - have you enabled USB Keyboard and USB mouse usage? Some of the Award AMI BIOSes you specifically had to enable USB KB/M or only the PS/2 port would work.

Have you thought about trying this combination of parts to convert a USB KB and mouse to PS/2 and then connecting them to a 2-to-1 "Y" adapter and using PS/2 port?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000A0K2JO/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HDGULP8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000067SLZ/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
Thanks again for your support.
In the beginning I started the Maverick installation using PS/2 port and the adapter you suggested me, but it seemed not working.
Then I added the .DSDT.aml in the /Extra folder, I had both keyboard and mouse working but I didn't reach the window to start the OS installation. I got only an endless coloured wheel running.
I'll try again and again, to find a way to get this OS installed.

Then I attempted to install El Capitan, but I got two issues: audio not working and after upgrading OS, just a white apple on a black background.

Just to let you know...
I succeeded at last installing Mavericks with ethernet working, but enabling audio on Realtek 892 remains still a a mystery.
I tried to understand what's written in Toleda's threads, but I found them very complicated.
At present I'm stuck because I don't know how to enable audio-

Just to let you know...
I succeeded at last installing Mavericks with ethernet working, but enabling audio on Realtek 892 remains still a a mystery.
I tried to understand what's written in Toleda's threads, but I found them very complicated.
At present I'm stuck because I don't know how to enable audio-
Run MultiBeast - select only ALC892 under Audio->Realtek
build, install, reboot, System Preferences->Sound->Internal Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back