Graphics
EVGA GTX 560ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have installed OS X 10.10.4 using Unibeast 5.2.0.

When I try to boot my Yosemite partition I receive the error 'missing /mach_kernel'.

I am able to boot my Yosemite partition with Unibeast, but I am trying to boot from the hard drive itself.

Is it possible this could be from the absence of a DSDT file or is there something else I'm missing?

I tried using '/System/Library/Kerneles/kernel' as a bootarg as recommended here , but that froze Chameleon with just the logo showing.

I have installed OS X 10.10.4 using Unibeast 5.2.0.

When I try to boot my Yosemite partition I receive the error 'missing /mach_kernel'.

I am able to boot my Yosemite partition with Unibeast, but I am trying to boot from the hard drive itself.

Is it possible this could be from the absence of a DSDT file or is there something else I'm missing?

I tried using '/System/Library/Kerneles/kernel' as a bootarg as recommended here , but that froze Chameleon with just the logo showing.

Seems like you had installed older version of MultiBeast.

Download the latest version from here : MultiBeast 7.4.0

Then boot with USB and run the download MultiBeast with proper selection which all are required for your hardware configuration.

Seems like you had installed older version of MultiBeast.

Download the latest version from here : MultiBeast 7.4.0

Then boot with USB and run the download MultiBeast with proper selection which all are required for your hardware configuration.
I used Multibeast 7.4.0 post-install. Is there an option I should add to Multibeast to fix this error?

I used Multibeast 7.4.0 post-install. Is there an option I should add to Multibeast to fix this error?

i have the same problem i cant boot after a succesful instal it asks to restart which i do then i end up with usb or hdd and both give me the match kernel problem, i cant get into the hdd

i have the same problem i cant boot after a succesful instal it asks to restart which i do then i end up with usb or hdd and both give me the match kernel problem, i cant get into the hdd

The /mach_kernel is using on Mavericks, on Yosemite it has been changed to /System/Library/Kernels/kernel

If you are using the Chimera which was released for Mavericks on Yosemite then the Chimera will look for /mach_kernel.

If you are installing MultiBeast which is released for Yosemite, then the associated Chimera will look for /System/Library/Kernels/kernel only, as it is integrated with Chimera.

If you are still facing the issue related to mach_kernel, then it means still old version of Chimera is running on your build.

Try installing stand alone chimera to the target partition or reinstall OS X after repartitioning of the disk.

Standalone Chimera : http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=258

Also try booting with flag "Kernel=/System/Library/Kernels/kernel -v"

can you please explain how to install the new version of chimera if we are unable to access our os.
are we to install it on the usb and boot it?
how do we install it on the hdd os, do we need to format the drive?

thnx

I noticed after I ran a clean install of Yosemite, I was able to get to the Chameleon screen without having ran Multibeast yet.

I updated from Snow Leopard.
Is it possible that Chimera is still on the hard drive from the iBoot install?
I deleted the Snow Leopard partition. The Chameleon screen says this in the top left corner:

Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 - Chameleon v2.0-RC4 r684
Build date: 2009-12-10 22:56:28
16360MB memory

Last edited:
The problem was that I was trying to boot from EasyBCD. I am only using Chimera now.

I noticed after I ran a clean install of Yosemite, I was able to get to the Chameleon screen without having ran Multibeast yet.

That means old chimera is present there.

I updated from Snow Leopard.
Is it possible that Chimera is still on the hard drive from the iBoot install?
I deleted the Snow Leopard partition. The Chameleon screen says this in the top left corner:

Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 - Chameleon v2.0-RC4 r684
Build date: 2009-12-10 22:56:28
16360MB memory

Personally i am not recommending an upgrade between two major releases of OS X.

It seems like you have old chimera present there. First try to install MultiBeast once again after deleting the old org.chameleon.boot.plist file.

If same issue (i.e., can't find mach_kernel) then try with installation of standalone chimera.

Better option is backup all the required data and reinstall Yosemite after repartitioning the entire hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back