Graphics
GT 710
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hello

I have a hp elite 8200
i7 2500
20gb ram
I have high sierra installed on a 1tb hdd. I want to install Mojave on a 500gb Samsung ssd.

I have made a usb installer using unibeast as per usual

I unplug the 1tb hdd and plug the 500gb ssd into sata-0 put the usb into the rear of the pc
turn on and all I get is a blinking cursor.

I have used different usb sticks and redownloaded Mojave. (it also happens if I try with high Sierra)

but if I plug in my hdd I can then boot from usb and get to the clover boot menu

I have reset the bios and changed the settings in the 8200 install guide

but I am still having the same issue

if anyone could shed some light on this. that would be great.

thanks

@rooneyds01, please update your profile (account details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

if I plug both hard drives in I can install on the 500gb ssd fine but it will not let me boot from it. the only way I can boot the pc is with the 1tb hdd plugged in and I don't want that in my pc

thanks

if I plug both hard drives in I can install on the 500gb ssd fine but it will not let me boot from it. the only way I can boot the pc is with the 1tb hdd plugged in and I don't want that in my pc

thanks

• If you could complete the installation of macOS Mojave on your SSD with the 1TB HS disk still connected, and the only problem is total reliance of the new Mojave to boot on the 1 TB High Sierra System disk, try the following:
  • Once you are on the Mojave desktop,
    • Click Finder >Preferences and place [√] Hard disks [√]External Disks [This is to show your connected disk icons on Rt side of Desktop for easy navigation with Mouse/Keyboard] (See image)
    • Download and launch Clover Configurator Global Clover Configurator (Global Edition)
    • Click Mount EFI from CCG's Left Panel (toward bottom half) [See image]
    • From the Right Panel find your 1 TB HDD with HS and click Mount Partition and locate its EFI Partition on the Desktop.
    • Similarly Mount the dark EFI Partition of SSD/HDD on the desktop
    • Next click the 1TB HDD's EFI on the desktop to open and locate its EFI Folder and copy that
    • Next click the Mojave SSD's EFI open and then Delete its EFI Folder
    • Go back to SSD's EFI Partition and paste the copied EFI Folder
    • Hopefully it should fix the problem .
    • But, don't reboot the System yet
    • Paste a copy of the same EFI on the desktop and Right click >Compress EFI>Upload as a zipped file to the Forum for some one to check to make sure it has everything to boot the SSD without the need for the 1TB HS HDD.

Attachments

• 1.CCG_Mount EFI.png
    1.CCG_Mount EFI.png
    289.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 1.Finder_Preferences.png
    1.Finder_Preferences.png
    116.9 KB · Views: 41
  • If you could complete the installation of macOS Mojave on your SSD with the 1TB HS disk still connected, and the only problem is total reliance of the new Mojave to boot on the 1 TB High Sierra System disk, try the following:
  • Once you are on the Mojave desktop,
    • Click Finder >Preferences and place [√] Hard disks [√]External Disks [This is to show your connected disk icons on Rt side of Desktop for easy navigation with Mouse/Keyboard] (See image)
    • Download and launch Clover Configurator Global Clover Configurator (Global Edition)
    • Click Mount EFI from CCG's Left Panel (toward bottom half) [See image]
    • From the Right Panel find your 1 TB HDD with HS and click Mount Partition and locate its EFI Partition on the Desktop.
    • Similarly Mount the dark EFI Partition of SSD/HDD on the desktop
    • Next click the 1TB HDD's EFI on the desktop to open and locate its EFI Folder and copy that
    • Next click the Mojave SSD's EFI open and then Delete its EFI Folder
    • Go back to SSD's EFI Partition and paste the copied EFI Folder
    • Hopefully it should fix the problem .
    • But, don't reboot the System yet
    • Paste a copy of the same EFI on the desktop and Right click >Compress EFI>Upload as a zipped file to the Forum for some one to check to make sure it has everything to boot the SSD without the need for the 1TB HS HDD.

hello thanks for the advise

this did not work

I have attached a copy of the refi folder that I copied to the ssd.

one thing I noticed is that even after I copy the hdd efi folder to the ssd. the ssd efi folder is still smaller in size.

also if I try to boot from the hdd it will not see the ssd anymore I now have to boot from usb to see both drives.

thanks
dan

ps I installed hs on the ssd to see if this helped. it did not

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.8 MB · Views: 61

this did not work

one thing I noticed is that even after I copy the hdd efi folder to the ssd. the ssd efi folder is still smaller in size.

also if I try to boot from the hdd it will not see the ssd anymore I now have to boot from usb to see both drives.

thanks
dan

• Unfortunately your uploaded CLOVER lacks Vital files needed to boot any Hackintosh disk (USB or HDD)
  • Your /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI lacks required AptioFix to help with Memory Mapping during Boot and will lead to immediate KP.
    • A screen shot of working drivers64UEFI folder is uploaded for comparison
  • Your CLOVER/CLOVER/kexts/Other is TOTALLY EMPTY.

Attachments

• 1.A working drivers64UEFI.png
    1.A working drivers64UEFI.png
    89 KB · Views: 45
  • 1.drivers64UEFI.png
    1.drivers64UEFI.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 2.kexts:Other_empty.png
    2.kexts:Other_empty.png
    41 KB · Views: 33

this did not work

thanks
dan

I now have to boot from usb to see both drives
Can you upload the EFI from the USB Installer as a zipped file to check?

Can you upload the EFI from the USB Installer as a zipped file to check?
thanks for your help. how do I get the EFI from the usb. when I click on the usb all that is on the stick I the install app and a folder that is called EFI-backups but it is empty.

thanks
dan

what I would like to do is clone my hdd on to the ssd and have that working.

I tired to used clonezilla but as it is a 1tb hdd and a 500gb ssd it would not clone it.

how would I clone the hdd and make the ssd bootable.

I tried using super duper and carbon clone but they did not make it bootable and multicast install kept failing

any help is much appreciated

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back