i7-6700
Graphics
RX580 / HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I had recently installed MAC OS X 10.9 Mavricks in my LENOVO Z570 (Core i3,GFX-Intel HD3000). Installation got successful, but my laptop failing to boot with the Boot Loaders. It is always booting with the help of my Unibeast installation Pen Drive.

I tried multiple Boot Loaders like Multibeast, Clover, Chameleon, etc. But the laptop coudn't detect them while booting.

However, i tried some searching in google and installed clover in EFI partition. After that it booting into the clover but when i select and enter the my OS X Installed HDD then it stuck with the black screen.

Kindly Help Me To Resolve The Issue.

Thanks in advance,
Jithin Chandran

Hi,
I had recently installed MAC OS X 10.9 Mavricks in my LENOVO Z570 (Core i3,GFX-Intel HD3000). Installation got successful, but my laptop failing to boot with the Boot Loaders. It is always booting with the help of my Unibeast installation Pen Drive.

I tried multiple Boot Loaders like Multibeast, Clover, Chameleon, etc. But the laptop coudn't detect them while booting.

However, i tried some searching in google and installed clover in EFI partition. After that it booting into the clover but when i select and enter the my OS X Installed HDD then it stuck with the black screen.

Thanks in advance,
Jithin Chandran

Try installing Clover onto the EFI partition, and then attempt to boot into the USB and THEN boot from the USB into Clover on the HDD (or any boot loader in the EFI partition). If you can successfully do that then go to Clover Options and select "Add to boot menu options". After that you can boot into your BIOS and change the boot order to be your boot loader first.

if that doesn't work, you can manually adding in the boot options for your boot loader. The EFI directory simply is "/EFI", and for Clover it's "/EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi", and then you should be able to boot into the boot loader on the HDD.

Hi,

Thanks in advance,
Jithin Chandran

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

Make sure you use a correct config.plist for your hardware. See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

Make sure you use a correct config.plist for your hardware. See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

You are really helpfull person RehabMan. Always you are suggesting fully explained guide. Thanks a lot. I will try to impliment the bootloader as per the guide. But i have one doubt here. In my bios i coudn't see any UEFI options. In this situation can go ahead with Clover UEFI steps.??

Thanks,
Jithin Chandran

You are really helpfull person RehabMan. Always you are suggesting fully explained guide. Thanks a lot. I will try to impliment the bootloader as per the guide. But i have one doubt here. In my bios i coudn't see any UEFI options. In this situation can go ahead with Clover UEFI steps.??

Thanks,
Jithin Chandran

If you have no UEFI support, you can install Clover in legacy mode. Legacy is not covered in the guide, as I don't use it. You still need a correct config.plist which is covered in the guide.

Hi RehabMan,
I am trying to make a successful installation of CLOVER boot loader in my Lenovo Z570 (No UEFI Support). I just read your CLOVER UEFI installation guide and change some some options from that as i have legacy bios. I had attached an image with the selected options. After installation of CLOVER downloaded and copied the HFSPlus.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64/ and downloaded the "config.plist (config_HD3000_1366x768.plist)" from your repo and changed the boot args to "npci=0x2000" from "kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 nv_disable=1" as i am using OS X 10.9 Mavericks. Then copied the "config.plist" file to "/EFI/CLOVER" directory. Rebooted the laptop. Successfully booted into CLOVER disk selection. But unfortunately there is not bootable partition available (Screenshot attached). Kindly help me here.

Thanks In Advance,
Jithin Chandran

Attachments

• CLOVER Installation.png
    CLOVER Installation.png
    165.2 KB · Views: 413
  • CLOVER BOOT SCREEN.jpg
    CLOVER BOOT SCREEN.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 376
Hi RehabMan,
I am trying to make a successful installation of CLOVER boot loader in my Lenovo Z570 (No UEFI Support). I just read your CLOVER UEFI installation guide and change some some options from that as i have legacy bios. I had attached an image with the selected options. After installation of CLOVER downloaded and copied the HFSPlus.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64/ and downloaded the "config.plist (config_HD3000_1366x768.plist)" from your repo and changed the boot args to "npci=0x2000" from "kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 nv_disable=1" as i am using OS X 10.9 Mavericks. Then copied the "config.plist" file to "/EFI/CLOVER" directory. Rebooted the laptop. Successfully booted into CLOVER disk selection. But unfortunately there is not bootable partition available (Screenshot attached). Kindly help me here.

Thanks In Advance,
Jithin Chandran

I just moved the "HFSPlus.efi" from "/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64/" to "/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI" folder as mentioned in your installation guide. Now i can see my Mavericks installed partition (Screen Shot Attched). However while selecting the partition to boot it stuck on the apple logo screen. I had tried to boot with -v boot args (Screenshot Attached), but no luck it shows some information and stuck there (Screenshot attached). Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks In Advance,
Jithin Chandran

Attachments

• CLOVER Boot Selection.jpg
    CLOVER Boot Selection.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 290
  • Boot Arg -V.jpg
    Boot Arg -V.jpg
    878 KB · Views: 331
  • Booted with -v boot arg.jpg
    Booted with -v boot arg.jpg
    424.6 KB · Views: 327
I just moved the "HFSPlus.efi" from "/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64/" to "/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI" folder as mentioned in your installation guide. Now i can see my Mavericks installed partition (Screen Shot Attched). However while selecting the partition to boot it stuck on the apple logo screen. I had tried to boot with -v boot args (Screenshot Attached), but no luck it shows some information and stuck there (Screenshot attached). Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks In Advance,
Jithin Chandran

Post your config.plist. Also, try different USB ports.

Hi RehabMan,
Thanks for your fast response. I have installed Mavericks through Unibeast USB. Now trying to install boot loader in HDD. I have attached the config.plist here.

Thanks,
Jithin Chandran

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 311
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back