Motherboard
ASROCK Z270 Taichi
CPU
3.79 GHz Intel i5-7600K
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I tried to troubleshoot and research the forums as much as I could without posting, but I'm at a standstill now. I followed the high sierra install guide, but after the install and before any post-installation with multibeast, there seems to be some info missing or a step that I may have overlooked.

I feel like the install on the boot drive went through okay after realizing the APFS file system might have been affecting the boot. I also went back and changed a couple items in the bios that might have been causing trouble. Booting with the internal graphics instead of an external card was one of those.

Upon powering up, with boot priority still set to my USB, this is the clover menu I'm given:

FDA8GUu.jpg

I'm not sure what the first HFS drive is. It says boot macOS Install from "Name of My Boot Drive."

Second HFS is supposed to be my boot drive.

After reading up some more I discovered verbose boot mode. Here is what I get after attempting to boot from my boot drive:

PRADKxu.jpg

I read about downloading the clover configurator and changing the partitions, but from everything else I read, that shouldn't have even let me properly create the drive from the USB.

At this point, I'm almost ready to just start the process over again, but if there's any info that may be helpful, please let me know.

Thanks!

So I found some info on -disablegfxfirmware boot arg, which is what booting in verbose is telling me. Not exactly sure how to go about the proper syntax in clover yet, but I'm going to experiment. Will report back.

Welp, that was the culprate. Happy building!

Welp, that was the culprate. Happy building!

I was wondering when you had your troubles, were you getting the screen below?

I tried the disablegfxfirmware but still no results. I’ve been trying to get High Sierra since it came out and always get stuck at that screen when I try boot “macOS install from install macOS High Sierra”

Attachments

• 00431216-5E1C-4774-9313-5A75019103B2.jpeg
    00431216-5E1C-4774-9313-5A75019103B2.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 112
I was wondering when you had your troubles, were you getting the screen below?

I tried the disablegfxfirmware but still no results. I’ve been trying to get High Sierra since it came out and always get stuck at that screen when I try boot “macOS install from install macOS High Sierra”

It would load like it was going to boot up, but then it just got stuck in a loop. It never froze on the load screen though. I'm not positive if it matters, but maybe the dash has to be in there. -disablegfxfirmware

So I guess I spoke too soon. If an admin could remove the solved in the title, I am having boot issues once again.

This time it was caused by running multibeast and installing the bare minimum. I don't have internet, audio or a gpu for this build yet. I ran the boot in verbose mode and received this:

QahoyAs.jpg

After the quick install with Multibeast, it created an EFI partition with an apple folder in it. From this verbage it seems the apple drivers/kexts(still not familiar with yet) might be causing something not to fully process.

However, the last line says "please switchto XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.CoreRAID"

BTW, I followed the High Sierra Guide on this site. After looking at some other guides, this one is definitely lacking in some startup information. Nevertheless I'm super thankful for everyone involved and for the multitude of knowledge available.

Last edited:
It would load like it was going to boot up, but then it just got stuck in a loop. It never froze on the load screen though. I'm not positive if it matters, but maybe the dash has to be in there. -disablegfxfirmware

Ok....thank you for answering. It seems High Sierra is more trouble than it may be worth lol. I don’t remember having this much trouble putting Sierra up.

Ok....thank you for answering. It seems High Sierra is more trouble than it may be worth lol. I don’t remember having this much trouble putting Sierra up.

Was Sierra that much different of an install?

I couldn't care less about the features of High Sierra. I was just starting with whatever was most up-to-date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back