Graphics
EVGA GTX 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have tried reinstalling Mavericks at least 10 times (not exaggerating) now with a combination of different BIOS settings, driver choices in multibeast, and boot args, and I ALWAYS get stuck at the exact same point.
I can successfully install Mavericks. Once the installation is complete, I can successfully boot into Mavericks and install my drivers using multibeast.
However, once I reboot, I can never get back into the operating system again, no matter what. The boot process always hangs at "Missing bluetooth controller transport!" and it will sit there forever until I shut the computer down manually. I don't use GraphicsEnabler and assume it is set to No by default (since I don't need it for a GTX 760), and I have IGPEnabler set to No as I never use the integrated intel graphics. It never makes a difference, the boot still hangs at this same spot. It makes no difference either whether I boot from the installation flash drive or the hard drive, it still hangs.
I have tried disabling and reenabling VT-d, no difference is made. Also, I installed in legacy mode and I do have legacy USB support enabled.
What's funny is I was successfully able to install Mavericks before a few months ago, but when I tried venturing into El Capitan and ended up needing to go back to Mavericks, I have never been able to get it to work again.
I hope someone can help, before I just throw in the towel and install Windows 7.
My specs:
Intel Core i5 4460
ASUS H97M-E
16 GB of RAM
Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB SSD
Installation flash drive: 32 GB Lexar flash drive

Disabling the com port should get rid of the BT Controller transport, but this is not the cause of the problem. Probable problem is GPU initialization failure.
List your boot-args and post your config.plist.

Have you tried to use the FakePCIID kexts?? They resolved the bluetooth transport problem for me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back