Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi
CPU
i7-9700k
Graphics
RTX3080 FE
I'm having an issue where I cannot boot back into my Lion installation at all.

This is what is happening...

I have two hard drives installed, one for Lion and one for Windows 7. When I try to boot into Lion, I get the boot0: done error. Then, when I try to boot from a bootloader disc to try and boot back into Lion, the disc mounting screen hangs right before the GUI menu to select a hard drive to boot. Also, when I try to boot into Windows 7, the screen turns completely black after logging in with my password, proving to be unusable.

Now this is the confusing bit, if I physically unplug the SATA cable from the motherboard to the Lion HDD, I can boot into Windows 7 perfectly and can also boot and use the bootloader disc as well. All these issues only occur when I have the Lion HDD plugged in.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? I would really appreciate the help.

In BIOS what is the boot order? If you have the Lion HDD higher than Win and Lion HDD has an issue with the bootloader, startup will fail.

Confirm BIOS on computer are AHCI, HPET, 64 bit, S3.

Did you install Lion over Snow Leopard or is it a fresh install? Can you access your Lion partition using an rBoot disk?

Can you confirm that the Lion disk is connected to a 3 GB/s SATA port.

SnapMan said:
In BIOS what is the boot order? If you have the Lion HDD higher than Win and Lion HDD has an issue with the bootloader, startup will fail.

I have the BIOS to boot CD first, then HDD, with the Win HDD first in priority over the Lion HDD.

Confirm BIOS on computer are AHCI, HPET, 64 bit, S3.

I have it set up to AHCI and I don't believe the rest of the options are available to me in my BIOS.

This is my motherboards specifications: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docu ... 876397#N33

Did you install Lion over Snow Leopard or is it a fresh install? Can you access your Lion partition using an rBoot disk?

I did a fresh install and stayed at 10.7.0. The rBoot disc hangs at the "Mounting:Done" screen.

Can you confirm that the Lion disk is connected to a 3 GB/s SATA port.

I couldn't tell you what speed they are...I just know that it worked in the past perfectly.

Make sure you disabled Quickboot in the BIOS.

Mak 1 said:
Make sure you disabled Quickboot in the BIOS.

I don't think that is even an option in my BIOS configuration.

Make sure you have the right BIOS configuration for os x. Check tonymacx86 forum guides

The only thing that I question in BIOS is on the first screen....you have the drives hooked up to the third and fourth SATA ports, I think that I would try them on the first and second, perhaps HDD on one and DVD on two. It might not matter....but it might.

ok i get the exact same error like you, fiouu im not the only one, i thought that my disk was fried or something, but then i ran tests to see that it was fine, i tried doing a fresh install, worked at first, but error occurred again, all my bios settings are good. I think we need help from the experts.

SnapMan said:
The only thing that I question in BIOS is on the first screen....you have the drives hooked up to the third and fourth SATA ports, I think that I would try them on the first and second, perhaps HDD on one and DVD on two. It might not matter....but it might.

I cannot, my 6870 graphics card covers both of those SATA ports up completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back