Intel Core i7-4790K
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
I have the following Harware:
Gigabyte H97-HD3
Intel Graphics 4600
Intel Series 9 - SATA AHCI 8C82
Realtek PCIe GBE IP4-v

I have tried to update my Catalina system with a direct update from a downloaded Big Sur but this doesn't generate the necessary Install folders so when it reboots I can only boot from my Catalina drive.
So I decided to generate a USB stick and I followed the documentation provided to create an install stick using OpenCore 0.6.5. After correcting a few kext issues on booting I have a similar situation to my first attempt whereby the boot stops on the apple image and hangs.
I guess there is either something in my hardware that is no longer supported or I have an isuue with my config.plist
I am attaching my config.plist in the hope that somebody is able to provide some help.

Attachments

• config.plist
    32.1 KB · Views: 33
I have the following Harware:
Gigabyte H97-HD3
Intel Graphics 4600
Intel Series 9 - SATA AHCI 8C82
Realtek PCIe GBE IP4-v

I have tried to update my Catalina system with a direct update from a downloaded Big Sur but this doesn't generate the necessary Install folders so when it reboots I can only boot from my Catalina drive.
So I decided to generate a USB stick and I followed the documentation provided to create an install stick using OpenCore 0.6.5. After correcting a few kext issues on booting I have a similar situation to my first attempt whereby the boot stops on the apple image and hangs.
I guess there is either something in my hardware that is no longer supported or I have an isuue with my config.plist
I am attaching my config.plist in the hope that somebody is able to provide some help.
I don't know if this will help, but I had similar trouble until I completely erased Catalina from the SDD I was trying to install BS to.

I don't know if this will help, but I had similar trouble until I completely erased Catalina from the SDD I was trying to install BS to.
Thanks but I am booting from USB and have an empty SSD on my main drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back