CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 660
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've recently completed my semi-successful copy build of bitdoctor's MiniMacPro Build.

intel Core i7-3770
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI HD 4000
16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP
Seagate Momentus 7200-RPM 750 GB - ST9750420AS hard drive

The only known difference between bitdoctor's successful build is the hard drive. All other components
were purchased from the tonymacx86 May buyer's guide. So far I have been able to partially successfully install and run Mountain Lion, but only by booting from the USB Startup drive. I did follow the instructions for installing Multibeast latest version. All seemed to go ok. However, when I remove the USB drive and try to start from the hard drive, I get the following error:

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: GPT
boot0: error_

Also, when I do login via the USB drive, I am unable to use iMessage, or authenticate email, app store, etc...

Lastly, if I have the monitor - ASUS VH238 Display 1920 X 1080 plugged in via HDMI it gives a bad screen at the login. If I use the DVI connection, the problem does not seem to exist. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am a first timer at all things hackintosh.

Thank you.

Thanks for the quick response Adrian. I've read through the link and process and am still a bit confused. Here are a few questions and additional details:

I'd plan to use Solution # 1 as I do not have access to an additional functional Mac or Hack. In the process, I believe I've done items 1-3. Do I need to re-do these steps? Also, Item 4 mentions Lion installer? I have the USB drive I created with Mountain Lion installer. Is that what they mean? I have run the terminal program but am really not familiar with code and how to access the appropriate file or line and make the changes. Any resources you could point me to to walk me through that? Again, sorry for the rookie questions but I am greatful for the help. Also, as for the other flaws with my system, such as the "no sound", iMessage not working etc..., will/should these items be resolved once I correct the first item of being able to boot from the hard drive?

Gregg

The first thing to do is get your Seagate hard drive working correctly.

OK. Hear is the relevant text from that link that I posted, were it says Lion (version of OSX, it also means Mountain Lion) as I said earlier this guide was written summer 2012, long before Mountain Lion was available:

Solution 1: Use UniBeast
Pros: Easy- OS X Only
Cons: Requires use of the Terminal and UniBeast drive.

How To Do it:
1. Install using UniBeast
2. Boot new installation using UniBeast.
3. Run MultiBeast and install as normal
4. Reboot system back into Lion installer.
5. Run Disk Utility and unmount the drive you installed OS Lion on.
6. Launch Terminal and execute the following command:

Code:

dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

7. Exit Terminal
8. Reboot Normally

NOTE: The above instructions are based on OS X being installed to a hard drive connected to SATA port 0. If you are using a different port you will need to get the drive device name from Disk Utility by selecting the volume and clicking Info.

Now I don't know at the moment where you are right now, but if you have done steps 1-3 and are now ready to do 4 then that is fine, other wards start again.

Clarification 6.) Launch Terminal and type the following dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2 [RETURN]

There is a fix for the HDMI problem, I shall try to find it for you, one thing that does work is to unplug then replug the cable from the back of the computer, not something you want to keep doing, buy OK in the short term.

Hello and thanks again Adrian. Here is my drive info from System Information.

Detachable Drive: No
BSD Name: disk0
Rotational Rate: 7200
Medium Type: Rotational
Partition Map Type: GPT (GUID Partition Table)
S.M.A.R.T. status: Verified
Volumes:
disk0s1:
Capacity: 209.7 MB (209,715,200 bytes)
BSD Name: disk0s1
Content: EFI
Mountain Lion:
Capacity: 749.81 GB (749,812,400,128 bytes)
Available: 741.31 GB (741,307,060,224 bytes)
Writable: Yes
File System: Journaled HFS+
BSD Name: disk0s2
Mount Point: /
Content: Apple_HFS

I believe the Seagate is connected to SATA Port 0. The only other thing installed is the USB Drive which is need to load ML. I am a bit confused because per the above I see disc0 and disc0s1. I also see BSD Name: disk0s1 and another BSD Name: disk0s2

Thanks again for all of your help.

Hello Adrian. Just went ahead and followed your instructions. Wasn't sure whether or not I needed to re-mount the hard drive or not. Pulled the USB drive and all worked awesome so far. Many many thanks. I am now able to boot in to ML without the USB. As for the other items, HDMI connection, unable to connect to iMessage, no sound, etc... Should I now re-run Multibeast?

Again, can't thank you enough.

OK.

Can you list everything that you have checked off when you ran MultiBeast? Its important to list everything, as duplications/changes will cause confusions to the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back