Contribute
Register

Unable to boot after MultiBeast (only iBoot) - Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Nvidia GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i7 2600K
Graphics
MSI N560GTX-TI
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have been fighting this for some time now, I have swapped motherboards memory sticks and installed on different HD. I have followed all of the instructions on the install process and used MultiBeast, everything works perfectly fine when booted from iBoot CD, however, because using this boot method I can only boot into 32bit environment I am missing half of my RAM :(

So here is the problem:

I am only able to boot using iBoot. When I boot Verbose here's what I get:

photo2.jpg

My motherboard is G41M-Combo (which was confirmed on this forum to be fully compatible) I took some screenshots as how the OSX sees my hardware and posted below.

I hope you guys can help me with this as it's been a frustrating - month long battle.

Screenshot2011-07-12at120151AM.png

Screenshot2011-07-12at120210AM.png

Screenshot2011-07-12at120402AM.png

Screenshot2011-07-12at120427AM.png

Screenshot2011-07-12at120247AM.png

When you ran MultiBeast what did you select for your Audio?

The trace is looking at VoodooHDA. Try deleting the VoodooHDA kext or kexts from /System/Library/Extensions. Re-run MultiBeast ans select System Utilities to rebuild caches. Reboot.

Post your results. If audio is not working we can fix that later.

Rtk, many thanks for your prompt response!!! :)

I have looked into the location you have specified, however I do not see the kext you have mentioned. During the MultiBeast install I have not selected anything for my Audio as it worked right "out of the box"

Here is a screenshot of what I'm seeing:

Screenshot2011-07-12at123103AM.png

Thanks again, let me know your thoughts.

/System/Library/Extensions

sorry about that, sometimes I miss the most obvious things....

So I have removed the kext per your instructions, now I get to a blue screen and it just sits there, even when booting verbose, it goes through all lines and then blue screen appears and thats it (still able to boot with iBoot)

Thanks again, and let me know what else should I try please :p

I got the same problem with my G41 chipset.

Its starts fine with Iboot but not without...

borczm said:
sorry about that, sometimes I miss the most obvious things....

So I have removed the kext per your instructions, now I get to a blue screen and it just sits there, even when booting verbose, it goes through all lines and then blue screen appears and thats it (still able to boot with iBoot)

Thanks again, and let me know what else should I try please :p

Snow leopard is old news, I suggest spending 30 dollars to get lion and looking at some of the guides for Lion. I have a g41m-combo mb and couldn't get snow to work properly in 64bit mode however the default install of lion booted to 64bit kernel and extensions no worries.

Kris, thanks for that suggestion!!! I'm on my way to Apple!

I'll report back! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back