Graphics
MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone, first I'd like to thank all the active community behind tonymacx86 which make it possible to easily create hackintosh!

So I get into making my own too!

As I planned to create in first place a gaming rig, I also check the buyer's guide to see if it would be hackintosh friendly.

So my components are the followings:

- Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
- CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @4.00GHz
- PSU: Corsair CX600M
- RAM: Kingston Fury Hyper X DDR3-1866 16Gb (2*8Gb)
- GPU: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G

Concerning storage, I wanted it to be multi-boot.
Couple months ago, installed Windows 7 Professionnal x64.
So I have the current storage scheme:

- For Windows:
SSD Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb + HDD Seagate Barracuda 2Tb

- For OS X:
SSD Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb + HDD Seagate Barracuda 2Tb

I have the same structure for both of the systems because I didn't want to mix partitions, it's always a big mess having MBR alongside GUID, and overall it will keep data integrity if I fail in the process...

I already have a 13" MacBook Pro from 2010 running like a charm which I used to create a UniBeast USB key from Yosemite installer and dropped MultiBeast on it.

Then I reboot my computer and entered UEFI-BIOS settings and configured as said in this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/bios-uefi/143167-msi-9-series-motherboards-os-x-setup-configuration.html

Then restarted again and booted from the freshly created UniBeast key. I encountered severals issues reaching the installation process, I figured it out by removing my GPU and plugged the screen on the HDMI port of the motherboard (Intel Graphics HD4000) and letting only one RAM stick installed on the mobo.

My goal before starting installing was to make a Fusion Drive for my hackintosh. Something I've created my MBP and use it for years now. It offers blazing-fast SSD (Samsung) speed with capacity the capacity of the HDD (Seagate).

So I first disconnected the drives concerning Windows to avoid any confusion concerning the target drives to install OS X.
Then I opened a terminal window from the OS X installation screen, and started to create my fusion like explained for example here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-guides/78409-create-fusion-drive-your-customac.html

I successfully created it and obtained a 2.1Tb fusion drive named "OS X". Close the terminal and started the installation process by choosing the new Fusion Drive. After install, the computer rebooted on the UniBeast usb key and the second installation process continued.

I was finally able to use OS X, so then I installed the required MultiBeast components as explained here again: http://www.tonymacx86.com/bios-uefi/143167-msi-9-series-motherboards-os-x-setup-configuration.html

At the end of the installation I rebooted again and now here is my problem. I can no longer boot on my OS X partition. And I don't know why. It says "Can't find /system/library/kernels/kernel"...

Is this because of the fusion drive? Do I have to do everything again?

Any idea's accepted :thumbup:

Hey,

I reinstalled from scratch again, I'm still getting the same issue with kernel.
I can boot OS X by doing a little trick, as long as my usb key is plugged: I first select the "OS X" partition (which result by displaying the same error than above), press a key, and select to boot from the USB partition and now I can login. By the way this not how it is support to work as a hackintosh

However I stepped a little further concerning my graphics card (MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G).
First I used the HDMI from the mother board, so it was using the Intel integrated graphics.
Then I downloaded the NVidia web driver, added the "nvda_drv=1" kernelflags to org.cameleon.Boot.plist, connected my card, reboot (always using the "trick" described before). But now, on both HDMI or DVI port, my screen displays a really low definition, and my card isn't recognized by OS X.

:cry:

I finally managed how to make my graphics card working.

Since my last post I've upgraded to the latest version of OS X Yosemite: 10.10.2
Then after long hours of reading the thread concerning NVidia Web Drivers and many attempts, here's my solution:

After updating OS X, with my GTX 970 still installed into PCI slot, after rebooting:

1) boot with following kernel flags: "nv_disable=1 -x" to ensure that you're not using NVidia drivers for the moment and boot in secure mode

2) install the latest NVidia Web Drivers, specially made for OS X 10.10.2 downloadable here

3) reboot with the "nvda_drv=1" kernel flag

Now I'm able to use my screen in 1080p @60Hz using DVI cable on port 1, didn't tested HDMI already.
My fusion drive is running perfectly (>500Mb/s)

However I still have the kernel issue when I boot, I still need to use my little "trick".
Also my sound card (supposed ACL1150) is not recognized at all by the system, and don't show up in output options, though I installed it via MultiBeast as recommanded in the MSI guide.

If anyone has a clue on that issues. I'm still diging on my side.

Haaa, I love helping myself :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back