Contribute
Register

[Un-Success] Gaming 7 mobo is a real loser! #Sad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX770
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is the worst experience I have ever had with a mobo and hack! I blame the fake news! It's like walking on a mine field and every step is some kind of mine.

1. Install Sierra -- Check
2. Pray

2.5. Install Clover, FakeSMC,NCPU,Kexts -- Check

IF I don't get a black screen, proceed, otherwise I am re-installing. I can't do all the tricks people say to hook up to a second monitor or connect to another Mac as I don't have those things right now.

iMac 14,2 vs 17,1 It seems that even if I modify plist or modify clover or modify multibeast...My Mac still tells me its a 14,2

AGDPFix...I see that I am supposed to reboot into recovery to fix this. Okay fine, but when I reboot FROM recovery back into Sierra, I still cannot install this fix! And sometimes, booting into recovery gives me....black screen. Thanks...thanks a lot.

My Graphics card is a GTX 770, Kepler so do I even need this? Apparently yes or something like this because 17,1..gets retarded. Like full blown " I fell out the back of the bus" retarded.

At least thunderbolt works. woopee. No need for win blows. Just disable security in uefi. leave boot and other options enabled. I can hot plug and turn on-off my audio interface all damn day! Steinberg MR816

I have checked the guides here for this board from a few different people. But the methods are not 100% in order. Somethings are missing or out of place and I haven't figured out yet...Because, how do you install AGDPFix without restarting? How do you fix that if you get a black screen on boot? I don't see the option in clover boot to disable SIP.

step 3. Look at your z97 motherboard with a tear in your eye. She worked perfect. I might go back to that and toss this board in the trash.

step 4. Portillos ( Jumbo hot dog ) and coke and clam down. Maybe a Peroni later.

step 5. Start over
a. Install Sierra
b. Install MultiBeast, UEFI
c. Install all fakesmc and nullcpu
d. Install Realtek 100 audio fix -- but I use thunderbolt audio so I don't really need it
e. Install Atheros and Intel Lan options
f. Install 3rd Party USB and increase port limit

Reboot:

Heres where it all goes to heck:
Step 5.5 Plug into monitor using Intel not Nvidia
Step 6. System Def 17,1
Step 7. Nvidia Web Driver option checked
Step 8. Update to 10.12.5
Step 9. Install Newest Nvidia Driver.

Step 10. AGDP...SO I modified my plist to 0x67 for SIP disable, but still cannot install this fix.

Should changing to 17,1 be the very last thing I do? After Nvidia Drivers and 10.12.5 updates?

Plist mods I did just now: But am too scared to reboot:
2560x1440 ( native resolution Pavillion 32" monitor )
0x67 for SIP disable

Here I go..pray for me!

Step 11. Reboot worked. Check Plist to see if changes stuck

Step 12. AGDP Install -- It installed! Holy Smokes!

Step 12. Reboot, unplug intel and plug in 770

Step 13. changing Default OS X to Nvidia...not working. --- okay what do I do here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back