Contribute
Register

ultrazone's Master Audio Build: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H - Core i7-3770k - 32GB RAM - Gigabyte GTX 650

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome build and glad to to see someone report about using Vienna on these machines!! I know what a hog that can be.
I read a lot of posts about people having issues (BSOD's on Windows and crashes on Mac) using 4 sticks of ram on the UD5H MOBO. I didn't see you reported this problem. Did you ever see this issue or did you find a fix for it?
I want to build what will be my first Hackintosh system with the same GA-Z77X-UD5H, a 4770k i7, and a few other goodies, but also run native HDMI off the motherboard and not use a graphics card. I run Pro Tools 10 HDX with a lot of VI's and various plug-ins. I also want to run 10.8.5

Do you recommend overclocking? I never did it and am not sure if it's something I should dive into :)

Thanks for all your info, and nice to hear you're making music instead of playing computer tech!

Correction, seems that the ram issue is with the Z87 MOBO's and not the Z77.

Awesome build and glad to to see someone report about using Vienna on these machines!! I know what a hog that can be.

Thanks! I'm using several Vienna products (Ensemble Pro, MIR Pro, Special Edition libraries and Vienna Suite) without a single problem. Regarding Vienna Ensemble Pro and in my experience, slave computers work better with Windows.

I read a lot of posts about people having issues (BSOD's on Windows and crashes on Mac) using 4 sticks of ram on the UD5H MOBO. I didn't see you reported this problem. Did you ever see this issue or did you find a fix for it?

I'm using four sticks of RAM and I've never experienced such problems.

I want to build what will be my first Hackintosh system with the same GA-Z77X-UD5H, a 4770k i7, and a few other goodies, but also run native HDMI off the motherboard and not use a graphics card. I run Pro Tools 10 HDX with a lot of VI's and various plug-ins. I also want to run 10.8.5.

Z77X-UD5H is socket 1155, while the 4770k is socket 1150. You'll have to choose a Z87 board for the 4770k.

Do you recommend overclocking? I never did it and am not sure if it's something I should dive into :)

I recommend overclocking if you really need it, and always with a powerful cooling solution. All in all, take into account that I'm not using this computer 24/7. The way of using your machine is important when overclocking, since it is not the same to use the computer for three or four hours a day than using it 24/7.

Thanks for all your info, and nice to hear you're making music instead of playing computer tech!

You're welcome! With hackintoshes it is necessary to play computer tech for a while in order to get the best out of your hardware, but once it is done you can concentrate in your work.

Good luck with your build!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! Great info. I didn't realize the 4770 was not compatible with the Z77UD5H.

That motherboard is out of stock as far as I can tell, and I can only find used ones available (maybe not the best idea) and 1 new for $459. Any idea about these others?

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=gigabyte+z77x-ud5h&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=33857842435&hvpos=1t2&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5186646984170307179&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_5fs2r37ik7_b

Hi!

I would check if the motherboards you're referring to appear on any buyer's guide. Look over old buyer's guides and check out if they do.

Good luck!

Hi there, what is the correct Ethernet driver from MultiBeast? I cannot see the challenge code from spectrasonics

MAVERICKS i7 3770K , Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H board, GTX 950, so I chose
AtherosL1cethernet 1.2.3
&
AppleIntelE1000e v 3.1.0

but not run

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back