Contribute
Register

ultrazone's Master Audio Build: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H - Core i7-3770k - 32GB RAM - Gigabyte GTX 650

Status
Not open for further replies.
ultrazone's Master Audio Build: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H - Core i7-3770k - 32GB RAM - 2 x Gigabyte GTX 650

Congratulations. An incredible work!

---
Envidia me das.

ultrazone's Master Audio Build: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H - Core i7-3770k - 32GB RAM - 2 x Gigabyte GTX 650

Nice DAW Machine!

Suggest you to buy a Firewire 800 PCIe card. the one goes with TI Xio2012 Chip. Improve you Latency and DAW Cpu meter. And someday when you want to use UAD Firewire Devices with your mac you will be satisfy too ;-)

ALL Texas Instrument chips:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815150154
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815287011
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815124107

Congratulations. An incredible work!

Envidia me das.

Jaajaajaaj ! Aupa Atletic ! Saludos desde Almería !

Nice DAW Machine!

Suggest you to buy a Firewire 800 PCIe card. the one goes with TI Xio2012 Chip. Improve you Latency and DAW Cpu meter. And someday when you want to use UAD Firewire Devices with your mac you will be satisfy too ;-)

ALL Texas Instrument chips:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815150154
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815287011
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815124107

Thanks for your tip ! By now I am very happy with the 2 port Firewire 400 card I'm using. The system is rock solid and I don't need 800Mbps connectivity, and after all the investment and configuration efforts I prefer leaving the beast "as it is" and dedicate myself to the task the machine was conceived for: producing music !

By the way the UAD devices look superb, and one of these would be a huge improvement for any DAW build. Think I'll start saving some cash... :thumbup:

Cheers !

Small update!

I removed the second GTX 650 since I noticed that just one graphic adapter (with Nvidia's latest drivers) is enough to feed my three displays. So now I am using one GTX 650 with three displays, one via HDMI and the rest via DVI. The performance is the same and the system is simpler and more power saving.

By the way I also replaced the old Acer 21" display by a newer Asus 24" LED screen.

All these changes are reflected in the OP.

Happy holidays to everyone !!!

Excellent! Good to know your single GTX 650 can handle three monitors. :clap:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year back at you! :thumbup:

Is everything still working great? Is sleep and wake working, and is the 2 or 3 monitor support on one card still working glitch free?

Is there anything that you would now consider changing about your build?

Thanks

Pandar

Hi !

Everything works beautifully. Sleep/wake and three monitor support on GTX 650.

Pro Tools 10 (my main software) works like a charm: dozens of MIDI tracks (for virtual orchestration), dozens of aux tracks (for helping with automation), dozens of hungry-CPU plugins on every aux track, dozens of instrument tracks, dozens of audio tracks, hundreds of clips... all without a problem.

In my experience, once you find both the correct BIOS settings for your system (using compatible hardware, of course) and the correct installation method and options, everything just work.

Hope it helps ! Cheers !

Hey, I cant PM you since I dont have enough posts but I noticed you mentioned freezing when using a firewire interface. I have a Presonus firepod and I am also experiencing the same problem.
When ever I am using it for audio input or output I get random skips in audio. My question is there are no firepod drivers for 10.8.2 which is what I am running, so is that the problem or is it the same problem you are facing where the solution is just purchase a firewire pcie card.
My build is very similar to yours(3770k,UD5H,GTX 650) so any info you can provide about this problem would be very helpful.

Thanks!

My question is there are no firepod drivers for 10.8.2 which is what I am running, so is that the problem or is it the same problem you are facing where the solution is just purchase a firewire pcie card.
My build is very similar to yours(3770k,UD5H,GTX 650) so any info you can provide about this problem would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Hi !

In my case, I had no skips or glitches in audio, just random freezes. There were many suspicious items in my build, but at the end the solution was to disable the integrated Firewire adapter and installing a compatible one. I used the same audio driver with both Firewire cards and never had glitches or skips. I didn't have a single freeze since I installed the Firewire card and disabled the integrated one in BIOS.

So maybe your audio interface's driver is the problem. First you could ask if your audio card works well with that driver in an original Mac, just to know if the driver is ok. Then I would try with another audio interface via USB or PCIe so you can check if it is the Firewire port. Once checked these items you could try with one of the compatible Firewire adapters out there (you will find them in this post, as well as the one I am using in the components' list).

Please remember that if the problem is your audio interface's driver, changing the Firewire adapter will probably not help.

Hope it helps and good luck !

Thank you for the info good sir. I installed the same firewire card you did, disabled the onboard firewire ports and I have officially listened to 15 minutes of music without any annoying skips/freezes. Lets hope it stays this way. Thanks again.

Thank you for the info good sir. I installed the same firewire card you did, disabled the onboard firewire ports and I have officially listened to 15 minutes of music without any annoying skips/freezes. Lets hope it stays this way. Thanks again.

That sounds good ! Without skips/freezes !

Glad to know your audio problems are solved, cheers from Spain !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back