Contribute
Register

ultrazone's Coffee Lake Build: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming 2.0 - Intel Core i7 8700K - 2 x AMD Sapphire RX580 8Gb - 32Gb RAM

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Pro
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
2 x Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi,
Can you upload me your Open Core EFI?
Because I am trying to build my EFI Open Core but I always fail and your Specs are close to mine so probably it will help me.

Thank you
Look at post #17 and you'll find the EFI Folder (see attached file)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC - F5a OC 0.59
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Well I used the OC folder from both of you to check my own one and yes, I can boot my machine and everything seems

What I don't understand:

External drives now look like internal drives. Better would be to have their former yellowish icons back.

My config.plist is attached

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Z370 Ultra Gaming 2.0-F14-Clover
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi Ultrazone, thank you for your guide.

Do you enable Trim via Terminal on your Samsung EVO ?

I notice that you use Samsung EVO M.2 boot drive. Have you heard about NVMeFix.kext? Apparently, it is recommended to use to fix power and energy consumption for Mojave.

I haven't installed M.2 SSD, yet, but wanted to ask you if you recommend the NVMeFix.kext

**I've since read that it mainly used for laptop users worried about battery life and heat.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming 2.0
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
2x RX580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Do you enable Trim via Terminal on your Samsung EVO ?
I don't enable Trim. Should I nowadays? I thought it was only necessary when SSD's appeared some years ago.

I notice that you use Samsung EVO M.2 boot drive. Have you heard about NVMeFix.kext? Apparently, it is recommended to use to fix power and energy consumption for Mojave.

I haven't installed M.2 SSD, yet, but wanted to ask you if you recommend the NVMeFix.kext

**I've since read that it mainly used for laptop users worried about battery life and heat.
I heard about it, but I've never used it. Is there any report and/or evidence that it will help?

Thanks!