Graphics
Radeon
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Anyone attempt to install Lion on one of the new ASUS(UX31, UX21), Acer(ASPIRE S3), or Lenovo 300s?

Or do you think it will even be possible?

It will certainly be possible. But...

I am waiting for specific specs on:
Ether
wifi
audio

those are the only bits of hardware that have the potential to cause challenges.

r.

So who's up to the task?

I've got an ASUS UX31e and I tried to boot unibeast. The setup loads, but it stucks at the bluetooth mouse & keyboard recognition. I tried to plug an external mouse/keyboard, but nothing happens! Any ideas how to enable this devices?

DO you mean you have bluetooth keyboard and bluetooth mouse?

No I don't have those devices, but the installer asks me for them. I cannot use the trackpad or an external usb mouse. I tried to install the PS/2 mouse kexts on my bootable usb drive with multibeast, but then it doesn't boot at all.

There must be a better way.

usb keyboard and mouse, usually the bluetooth assistant only comes up if it doesn't see any other input devices (ps2 doesn't work natively) on the plus side it would appear your bluetooth is recognised :D

try

If you can't get a keyboard, then you may boot after your install with -s. Follow the two commands listed, and then type nano /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup\ Assistant.app/Contents/Info.plist and edit out(you will have to scroll down) :
<string>DeviceSection</string>
<string>KeyboardTypeSection</string>

Then hit fn + o, enter, and fn + x. Then hit exit.

replace fn with ctrl if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back