Contribute
Register

UHD630

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be advisable to test out some alternate system definitions to see which works best. What are you using right now ?
Is “iMac18,1” what you want to know? (I temporarily used “MacBookPro15,2” in order to install the 17G2208 build.) Or do you need my EFI folder?

Another way around the problem may be to adapt the HDMI output to VGA and then connect that to the Philips.

But that still leaves the DVI dead.

Last edited:
What do you need? My EFI folder?
No just your Clover folder would suffice. You can also look at "About this Mac" and your "System" section too.

Sorry, I edited my message while you were answering it.

No just your Clover folder would suffice.
See attached.

EDIT:
CLOVER.zip deleted

Last edited:
You'll find all your SMBIOS info via CC. You should back up your current config.plist to a folder on your desktop first. Then you can select a new Product Model like the new Mac mini 8,1 and see how that works.

In the image below. Click on the small square with two triangles in the lower right to select a different SMBIOS. Save the changes and reboot.

After the reboot test out the graphics connections.

Thank you!

However, when setting the model to Mac mini 8,1 I get the following message after the Clover menu:
“This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform!”

Regarding my hardware I was advised to set the model to iMac 18,1 as this would be closest to my setup, also because
I don’t have a video card next to the IGPU.

I have used SMBIOS before to set the model type. It’s just that there are so many sections and options and I’m missing an overview. Also, there are many terms I read in forums and don’t really know what they refer to.

I will boot from the thumb drive and reset the CLOVER folder. I keep a backup of the whole EFI folder, also of the different stages of the APPLE folder which contains the firmware that is changed with every update (and a Time Machine backup of the system from every stage).

Actually, I’m quite technical but am not so quick to learn these things, especially if I miss an overview. And regarding setting up a Hackintosh I don’t really know what I’m doing. Every time I seem to have managed to get a step further it turnes out something doesn’t work right and I have to go one or more steps back, wondering which way to go from there.

I explain this because from the stuff I do understand I can appear as if I can manage the other stuff too. But I’m not so much of a theoretical learner and there are just so many missing pieces for me.

Last edited:
I have found DPCIManager to check the PCI ID of the UHD 630. It is 0x3E9B0007. At https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-support-in-macos-10-13-6.256426/post-1779814 it says for a desktop it should be 0x3E928086. I could try to set this as fake ID and see whether I can install the 17G2112 build, and whether that will fix the problem.

On searching for how to set the fake ID in Clover Configurator I found:
• Devices: IntelGFX: 0x3E928086
• Graphics: ig-platform-id: 0x59120000 & check “Inject Intel”
• Under Bootflags check “disablegfxfirmware”

Is that correct? And where is the option “disablegfxfirmware”? I wasn’t able to find it anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back