Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[…]
306511-ac22f82aae31c98a353654b8372ba0d2.jpg

[…]

I get the same message when trying to install the supplemental update. However, following the old instructions under “spoiler” in the first message of this thread – so booting to the recovery partition and re-installing the system – does fix the UHD630. Any idea why that is?

Last edited:
I get the same message when trying to install the supplemental update. However, following the old instructions under “spoiler” in the first message of this thread – so booting to the recovery partition and re-installing the system – does fix the UHD630. Any idea why that is?
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Done.

I’m aware this is the laptop forum. But every other approach I tried to fix the UHD630 failed which is why I am posting here.

Done.

I’m aware this is the laptop forum. But every other approach I tried to fix the UHD630 failed which is why I am posting here.
i have moved your post to Graphics

Right. Thank you.

Right. Thank you.
this may help:

Haven’t had much time lately …

Thanks for your response!
However, I don’t really know how to apply the information provided under the link you posted. I wish I had more insight into that.

The motivation for my first post was that I wanted to have a backup of the installer somewhere so I’m independent from Apple providing the download in the future (in case I need to re-install). I’ve found a way around that. (By the way, after booting from Recovery partition, the build it installed on my machine and which enabled the IGPU was 17G2208. 17G2112 as mentioned at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...630-graphics-support-in-macos-10-13-6.256426/ is not compatible with my machine.)

But as I thought my basic system setup was done and I could proceed to installing all the software, when connecting a second screen via the DVI port I discovered it went black when loading of the IGPU drivers began during startup. The VGA port works fine, don’t know about HDMI but I don’t need that anyway.

So can someone help me to find out what’s wrong with the DVI port?

So can someone help me to find out what’s wrong with the DVI port?
We really don't suggest anyone use the VGA port on their motherboard. Apple has dropped all support for analog video. That it even works for you at all is a stroke of good luck. Is your monitor an older model with a max resolution of 1280 x 1024 ? Possibly a Dell Ultrasharp ?

I work with two screens, a Dell 1704FPT and a Philips 19S. Both are 1280 × 1024 max and both have a DVI and a VGA port. Right now the Dell is connected via VGA and working fine. Its DVI port is occupied by my old Hackintosh until setup of the new one is finished.

Eventually I want to have the Dell on the DVI port and the Philips on the VGA.

I work with two screens, a Dell 1704FPT and a Philips 19S. Both are 1280 × 1024 max and both have a DVI and a VGA port. Right now the Dell is connected via VGA and working fine. Its DVI port is occupied by my old Hackintosh until setup of the new one is finished.

Eventually I want to have the Dell on the DVI port and the Philips on the VGA.
It would be advisable to test out some alternate system definitions to see which works best. What are you using right now ?
Another way around the problem may be to adapt the HDMI output to VGA and then connect that to the Philips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back