Lenovo m90q Tiny
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi,

My problem is that my build works perfectly with a single or dual 1080p monitor, but wont boot with a 4K monitor. If I boot with a 1080p monitor, then connect my 4k monitor, my CPU starts running, than the screen goes black and the computer freeze forever until reboot. I am running Mojave 10.14.4

Has anyone a suggestion?

Here is my full build with what steps/kexts I used : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...te-z390m-gaming-intel-uhd-630-i7-8700.277121/

Quoting the important part:

Hardware

• Intel Core i7-8700
  • Intel UHD 630
  • Gigabyte Z390M Gaming (Micro ATX)

What works
  • Internal IGPU Intel UHD 630 (HDMI & DVI) with QE/CI acceleration
  • Shutdown / Reboot / Sleep
  • Sound (AppleALC - Audio ID 1)
  • USB Ports
  • Pretty much anything

Fixing GPU

Removing in Clover all HDMI, Intel patches and ID.
IntelGFX-> Empty, ig-platform-id->Empty, Inject Intel->Disabled, etc
Installed latest WhateverGreen

Used the Z390M patch for Gigabyte at the bottom of this thread : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ching-guide-hdmi-black-screen-problem.269149/

Thank you
James

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 48
Just a little small bump to increase visibility :)

Is there any solution other than buying an RX 580?

My problem is that my build works perfectly with a single or dual 1080p monitor, but wont boot with a 4K monitor. If I boot with a 1080p monitor, then connect my 4k monitor, my CPU starts running, than the screen goes black and the computer freeze forever until reboot. I am running Mojave 10.14.4

@jamesst20,

To use a 4K display with IGPU you need to apply WhatEverGreens pixel clock patch.

Just make sure you have Lilu + WhatEverGreen Installed and add -cdfon as a boot argument to your config.plist.

Code:
    <key>Boot</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Arguments</key>
        <string>........ -cdfon</string>
        '
        '
        '
        '
    </dict>

Or use Clover Configurator :-

Screenshot 2019-11-21 at 19.23.40.png

Cheers
Jay

@jamesst20,

To use a 4K display with IGPU you need to apply WhatEverGreens pixel clock patch.

Just make sure you have Lilu + WhatEverGreen Installed and add -cdfon as a boot argument to your config.plist.

Code:
    <key>Boot</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Arguments</key>
        <string>........ -cdfon</string>
        '
        '
        '
        '
    </dict>

Or use Clover Configurator :-

View attachment 436933

Cheers
Jay

Thank you, it did not have any effect, so i though maybe updating to latest WhateverGreen.

That was a mistake, I am stuck at "gioscreenlockstate 3" when booting.

Disconnecting the monitor and reconnecting it 5 seconds later let me reach the lockscreen, but only one monitor works and it's pink.

Any idea?

Edit : Tried SMBios 18,1, not results, but 14,1 did fix the black screen (lockstate 3), but the screen is still pink :(

Last edited:
Okay, everything is still up to date and it's running fine.. it was a kext caching issue.

However, my 4K problem is still not resolved :(

hey I had this same issue for a whole year... this is what u do .... buy a rx Vega 64 plug and play works right away no games

hey I had this same issue for a whole year... this is what u do .... buy a rx Vega 64 plug and play works right away no games

Thanks for the reply, the UHD 630 meets my needs. Honestly if I had to invest I would get the RX 570 which is the cheapest native support GPU I know.

It depends on the brand you get, some of them like XFX won't work. It's also not "officially" supported : https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208544
Supported enough to work and have rx 560 in the system information. I used it for some time while GPU prices were off the hinges. XFX also has issues I think with 570 and 580’s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back