i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
It was working well on Mojave. Then after upgraded to Catalina, I got this issue. Right after the OS is booted and the login screen is loaded, the screen turns black. If I then switch the monitor signal source to others e.g. VGA/Display then switch back to HDMI, the screen is back to normal and I can login. I have used the plist from this: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist and followed some online instructions to fix 7MB graphic memory issue and everything was working on Mojave.

This build is based on a mini PC as follow:
CPU: i5-8250U
Graphic: UHD 620
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB 260-Pin DDR4 SO-DIMM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Laptop Memory Model F4-2400C16S-8GRS
Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 250G
Motherboard: Unknown mini PC board with AMI BIOS
WiFi card: BCM94352

EFI attached. If anyone has any idea please help and it'll be appreciated. Any more information needed I'm more than happy to provide.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    33.1 MB · Views: 154
1. Update to the latest Lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext
2. add igfxonln=1 to your boot arguments.

Thanks so much. The first was already done and I added the second: igfxonln=1 which fixed my problem. Really appreciate!

Hi @manny_c, appreciate that fixed the HDMI loses signal problem. However, it seems that adding the igfxonln=1 flag causes the HDMI device option missing in the audio output devices list. Any idea?

Hi @manny_c, appreciate that fixed the HDMI loses signal problem. However, it seems that adding the igfxonln=1 flag causes the HDMI device option missing in the audio output devices list. Any idea?
Cleanup unused properties and values, the config you're using is mean to be an example. Then determine which properties do you need, read the whatevergreen manual.

Cleanup unused properties and values, the config you're using is mean to be an example. Then determine which properties do you need, read the whatevergreen manual.

Thanks for your suggestion. That makes a lot of sense. Recently I just tried OpenCore, followed all the instructions, and I believe I got everything to the state that it should be but still get this issue. I need to turn off and on the monitor to get the audio back. And without igfxonln=1, I can also bring both the video and audio back by turning off and on the monitor. It seems igfxonln=1 only works for video signal but not audio.

Attached is the OpenCore EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.1 MB · Views: 136
Thanks for your suggestion. That makes a lot of sense. Recently I just tried OpenCore, followed all the instructions, and I believe I got everything to the state that it should be but still get this issue. I need to turn off and on the monitor to get the audio back. And without igfxonln=1, I can also bring both the video and audio back by turning off and on the monitor. It seems igfxonln=1 only works for video signal but not audio.

Attached is the OpenCore EFI.

It looks cleaner, however there's no need for alcid=1 since the layout it's already declared in the DeviceProperties section and -disablegfxfirmware it's no longer needed.

The next step is to patch every framebuffer via whatevergreen custom patches. You can do it manually (hard) by reading the WhateverGreen manual or using the Hackintool (easy).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back