Lenovo Yoga X1 (Gen 3)
CPU
i7 8650U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi all,

I recently got my Gen 3 Lenovo Yoga X1 up and running with Monterey.

Disclaimer: I used an EFI folder for the same model laptop I found on GitHub (Type 20LE).

Everything is working beautifully, including wifi, BT, sound, etc. It's perfect!

The only issue I'm having is the HDMI signal is basically unusable. This laptop has 3 USB-C ports and 1 HDMI port. I currently have my Dell USB-C monitor hooked up to it and it worked flawlessly. However, my second monitor is another Dell HDMI screen. For some reason the HDMI monitor flickers to a black screen and sometimes just completely goes black.

The system recognizes the monitor is connected while it's completely black.

I've tried all the variations for ig-platformid's on forums, OpenCore docs, etc. It seems like I can only have either a USB-C monitor, or an HDMI monitor with the different Device and platform ID's. I can't get both to work at the same time. I did manage to get the HDMI screen working fine, but lost the ability to use my USB-C screen.

Any ideas on what could be going on? I've attached the my OC config file for reference.

Attachments

• config.plist
    46.5 KB · Views: 62
Hi all,

I recently got my Gen 3 Lenovo Yoga X1 up and running with Monterey.

Disclaimer: I used an EFI folder for the same model laptop I found on GitHub (Type 20LE).

Everything is working beautifully, including wifi, BT, sound, etc. It's perfect!

The only issue I'm having is the HDMI signal is basically unusable. This laptop has 3 USB-C ports and 1 HDMI port. I currently have my Dell USB-C monitor hooked up to it and it worked flawlessly. However, my second monitor is another Dell HDMI screen. For some reason the HDMI monitor flickers to a black screen and sometimes just completely goes black.

The system recognizes the monitor is connected while it's completely black.

I've tried all the variations for ig-platformid's on forums, OpenCore docs, etc. It seems like I can only have either a USB-C monitor, or an HDMI monitor with the different Device and platform ID's. I can't get both to work at the same time. I did manage to get the HDMI screen working fine, but lost the ability to use my USB-C screen.

Any ideas on what could be going on? I've attached the my OC config file for reference.
please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

My apologies. I upgraded from Gen 1 to Gen 3 and forgot to update my details.

Update:

When disabling Thunderbolt in bios, I'm able to get steady HDMI signal to my external monitor - flicker free!

However, by doing so I lose my second external monitor which is connected to the laptop via USB-C (DP).

I would really appreciate any tips.

Update:

When disabling Thunderbolt in bios, I'm able to get steady HDMI signal to my external monitor - flicker free!

However, by doing so I lose my second external monitor which is connected to the laptop via USB-C (DP).

I would really appreciate any tips.
from the github where you got the files from...:

Should you find an error, or improve anything, be it in the config itself or in the my documentation, please consider opening an issue or a pull request to contribute.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back