iXD

Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!

Sorry if I have been blind seeing something I should seen and understood but for the last two weeks I've been trying to get my USB ports to report as internal with no luck. I have gone trough at least 5 different guides and made deep research yet I don't see how I could get my USB to recognize as internal in Mac OS.

Right now my rig is working quite smooth....except a couple of weird things
->manual sleep works
->auto sleep doesn't work
->audio, network, native AHCI, ATI 4870 and p-states work
->running 2 monitor setup
->shutdown and restart works
->printers aren't working properly (they did before USB fixes I now have...)
->I get a KP every time about IOHIDFamily.kext I shut my computer down

I'd be very happy if someone could at least show me a way to head with this problem and/or check my DSDT.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    17.9 KB · Views: 207
Thank You very much Sudds for your time and effort! I am very thankful for your fixes. USB now shows as built-in except for one USB 1.0 slot the one I have my mouse attached.
Also I am still getting KP about IOHIDFamily.kext on at least every second shutdown. I wonder how to fix this...

Thanks!

RESOLVED UHCI/EHCI FIX

Hi!

Unfortunately there is a problem now. I fired up my PC with the latest DSDT and fixes and noticed of being a victim of a hangup. When I booted in verbose mode the last thing I got was this:
USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): following a long line of numbers and letters...
There obviously seems to be something off with USB...
And just for being clear OSX didn't started up. I gave it ten minutes.

Another thing I noticed was that the USB port where I plugged my mouse (Microsoft Wheel Mouse v1.1 USB) became shown as expansion slot in the System Profiler. I plugged my mouse into three different ports of eight. (uppermost, middle and then the down-most port) The same story with all the ports...

EDIT:I chekced my DSDT and found a little mismatch from it. The adress of UHC6 was wrong and caused 1.USB not to function properly and 2. killed sleep. Adress was 0x001A0001 the same as the adress of UHC5 while it should been 0x001A0002. So this resolves my problem pretty well. I'll get back some day and report wether sleep and autosleep work or not.

EDIT2: Sleep works! Six hours sleep and trouble free wake up with two USB memory sticks and a puntch of other USB devices connected. The only thing now is that OSX wouldn't auto-sleep but I'd never use that feature anyways. :D

Thank you very much Sudds! I own you one... :thumbup:

The content of the Extras/Extensions folder:
-AHCIPortInjector
-FakeSMC
-JMicronATA
-Legacy889aHDA
-RealtekRTL81xx

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    18.1 KB · Views: 228
Status
Not open for further replies.