GA-Z87N-WIFI
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
HD4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone,
I have installed Lion on a small hard disk just to see that everything will be kosher when I go the whole hog on my normal disk.
It went fine, works a treat.
I then installed Lion on my normal disk and that's where the problem started, and I have no idea how to fix it. I made a backup and that works fine. Restored, installed Lion again, but the same thing repeats.

Here it is: The colours of everything are really saturated, it's real ugly, pictures dark, etc. Also, small text is kind of breaking up, as if some pixels are missing here and there. I had this problem previously when I had the monitor connected to the DVI output, seems identical to what it's like now. It was fixed and worked perfectly by plugging the monitor into the VGA socket. The monitor setting are the same as before, tried different profiles, to no avail. On SL 10.6.8 it's perfect on Lion it's rubbish.

Any ideas ? Thanks in advance. Strangely enough, the picture here looks much better then in real life. If you notice the bald eagle doesn't show due to the problem.
Screen Shot 2011-10-29 at 5.35.09 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-29 at 5.35.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-29 at 5.35.09 PM.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 162
Thanks for your reply, I've done all you suggested already. I try to solve my problems, asking for help only when I'm stuck.
When looking at the picture I uploaded you can't see the problem if your card works properly, so it was really a waste of time. The eagle basically is not there and the blue color on the title bar is a very light turquoise.
I am now trawling the net for a solution, there was suggestions of an EFI string, but I have no idea how to do that.
When I originally built my Hackintosh a year ago I had exactly the same problem having the monitor plugged into the DVI port. Changing it to VGA was the solution for that, it's now perfect in OS X 10.6.8, but I can't upgrade to Lion. I might have to stick with SL until I find a fix.

Here are the two graphics. The one that's no good is not from Lion, but having the monitor plugged into the DVI port. The effect is identical to the way it shows in Lion after the update.
The good picture is when the monitor is plugged into the VGA port.

Good.jpg

Notice the yucky color on the title bar and the eagle doesn't show at all.

No-good.JPG

Attachments

• Good.jpg
    Good.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 141
  • No-good.JPG
    No-good.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 140
I agree with your philosophy. The cable is OK, both DVI and VGA work perfectly with Win7.
I am using Snow Leopard and will use it in the near future. The only thing I like in Lion is that windows can be re-sized on any side or corner. Also, obviously all new development will be in Lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back