Contribute
Register

Ugh only one DSDT error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats nuts, I applied those exact same patches and get errors. Much appreciated though, I'll give it a shot.
maybe different iasl version?

anyways, all is good as you have clean DSDT (keep a backup! :))

Alright so I'm probably wrong in thinking that certain issues would be fixed with a good dsdt, or anything for that matter.

Might be worth it makes new threads for some of my others issues.

No built in sound, chip is ALC3263. Going to try the patched applehda approach next.

Pulling out HDMI cable makes the computer crash and reboot.

Still on 0% battery with no brightness. Wanted to patch DSDT with broad well brightness fix but that gives my dsdt an error. I fear I may not fix those as they are very involved processes that I seem to get lost very quickly on.

Meh, tried just tossing in native applehda.kext and nothing. I didn't really expect that to work lol.

Meh, tried just tossing in native applehda.kext and nothing. I didn't really expect that to work lol.

How and where to install kexts:

also update your config.plist. from the guide:

So I went ahead and removed kexts from other except for fakesmc and installed them with kext beast and now my USB ports are being weird. Audio interface was working fine, unplug it and goes away, plug it back in and there it is. Now it takes it like 5 minutes to show up when plugging in.

Everything else seems to have remained the same. I'm remove my kexts from library/extentions and put them back in other and see if it works right.

Also, I think my config.plist is from another build, the Asus k501 hackintosh guide that's on here. I'll have to edit it. I used it because I largely didn't know what I was doing and I thought it was what actually made my installer boot (it wasn't I missing hfsplus64.efi, at least I think that was it. Yeah this is lame, whatever happened messed my perfectly fine USB ports :/

K looks like it's only behaving that way with my audio interface so something seems wrong with audio on this thing. Everything just works.

Last edited:
Audio is working with voodoohda, brightness is only thing left, sound card is still taking quite awhile to initialize, but honestly I'll likely just leave it plugged in all the time so it's not a big deal. So brightness and battery, oh damnit those look like the hardest ones, grrr.

Thanks for all your help so far.

Last edited:
I have the most amazing bug ever, I bought a little tp link wifi adapter, works great, except that I can't boot with an hdmi cable monitor and the tp link, I have to boot then plug it in lol. Oh well I leave the thing on 24/7 anyways. Hackintoshes are fun. I mean in that so many ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back