ASRock Z490 phantom gaming ITX/TB3
CPU
I9 10850k
Graphics
RX 5500 XT/UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
HI,

I am about to rebuild my hack (due to random reboots and USB acting weird; sometimes not working sometimes USB3 recognised as 2...) and I have a question concerning power management about the best route to go.

Currently, I use a modified version of my bios with PMPatch and no nullcpupowermanagement kext.
I have seen that PMPatch tool has been updated to UEFIPatch but what do you recommend:

using the original bios of my MB with the nullcpupowermanagement kext or
modifying bios with UEFIPatch and therefore no use of nullcpupowermanagement kext ?

PS: I use clover

HI,

I am about to rebuild my hack (due to random reboots and USB acting weird; sometimes not working sometimes USB3 recognised as 2...) and I have a question concerning power management about the best route to go.

Currently, I use a modified version of my bios with PMPatch and no nullcpupowermanagement kext.
I have seen that PMPatch tool has been updated to UEFIPatch but what do you recommend:

using the original bios of my MB with the nullcpupowermanagement kext or
modifying bios with UEFIPatch and therefore no use of nullcpupowermanagement kext ?

I don't have this motherboard and no idea on BIOS patching.

I am believing that if you are using the latest BIOS firmware then you can install OS X without issues.

Why you had done the BIOS patching earlier?? Because of the early reboot??

If you are using clover, then no need of BIOS patching and NullCPUPM.kext. Clover can patch AppleIntelCPUPM.kext on the fly.

Why you had done the BIOS patching earlier?? Because of the early reboot??

If you are using clover, then no need of BIOS patching and NullCPUPM.kext. Clover can patch AppleIntelCPUPM.kext on the fly.

Because I read back then when i first started looking at Hackintosh that it was the best way.

You say that if I use clover there is no need for NullCPUPM.kext but the guide says:

A few more changes need to be made to the default Clover installation:

Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and adNullCPUPowerManagement.kext
What do I have to do for Clover to patch AppleIntelCPUPM.kext on the fly? Use the configurator or thick boxes when I install clover?

Because I read back then when i first started looking at Hackintosh that it was the best way.

You say that if I use clover there is no need for NullCPUPM.kext but the guide says:

A few more changes need to be made to the default Clover installation:

Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and adNullCPUPowerManagement.kext
What do I have to do for Clover to patch AppleIntelCPUPM.kext on the fly? Use the configurator or thick boxes when I install clover?

Enable the option "AsusAICPUPM" on the config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back