Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97-HD3
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GT 710
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Guys, i've been googling and searching this forum for the past few hours but i'm still confused. What can i do with UEFI that i cant do with regular bios? And is there a difference if i boot from entry (for example) UEFI: SAMSUNG SSD..... and regular SAMSUNG SSD entry?
I've seen that after installing el capitan with clover now i have 2 MAC OS entries when i press F12, should i use them or what? This clover thing is so confusing....

If somebody is wiling to help i would be extremely thankful :)

@Grandy, please provide complete details in your profile (personal details). Your motherboard is not 10.7.4
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Sorry, now it's updated :)

I'm already on El Capitan, installed without problems but i'm still confused what are differences if i boot with UEFI: SAMSUNG SSD..... or if i boot with P0: SAMSUNG SSD....
Or there are no differences?

I'm already on El Capitan, installed without problems but i'm still confused what are differences if i boot with UEFI: SAMSUNG SSD..... or if i boot with P0: SAMSUNG SSD....
Or there are no differences?

UEFI Boot Mode is recommended for 7/8/9/100 Series CustoMac desktops and all UEFI capable systems. Legacy Boot Mode is recommended for 5/6 Series CustoMac desktops and all BIOS based systems.

Check how Clover loads the OS on a BIOS-based PC and an UEFI-based PC.
https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/What-is-what

I'm still confused about differences, i think i will just use whatever option that boots me to my el capitan or win7 that i have on another disk :) Thanks anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back