Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
EDIT: relax... I was wrong... sandybridge is fine.... the problem is the startech firewire 800 PCIe card that causes issues... as yet no fix!!!

Stu

This sounds exactly like the issue I'm having on my MB (see profile) - we're running different hardware, but I'm wondering if there might be an issue related to UEFI that is common between our situations.

In my case, I know that my Firewire PCI card is responsible (StarTech) - as soon as I remove the card, sleep/wake functions normally.

I'm running a dual boot system and the problem is identical in Windows, so I'm thinking it's a UEFI bug or a configuration issue.

Are you using any add-in cards aside from a dedicated graphics card?

Yes, I have a startech firewire 800 PCIe card! I think I tried it without the card and am really hoping that is not the problem as it is essential - I will remove it and test further.... although many other people seem to be having this issue too?

Are you using UEFI bios too?

I'm using a GT430 GPU

S

Well, nailing down the problem is the first step in getting it solved, they say. I'm going to start a new thread to try to consolidate problems related to this card / UEFI combo. Please watch for it and post there when you can!

And yes, I'm running the UEFI bios for my board. (u1h)

Thank you for the pointer, I will test later and check your new thread. I'm glad i haven't updated my z68 bios to UEFI

s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back