CPU
I7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am doing a Mojave Install (being new to Clover coming from a mountain Lion using Chimera). I followed the installation guide to the letter. I ran Multibeast to install Clover. It created the UEFI partition, I can mount it acces to the config.plis etc...

However, my Bios won't find the UEFI partition on my SDD : this 1-partition only SSD being the only drive plugged besides the USB (no other SSD or HDD or DVD player).

I manage to boot from the USB stick, the BIOS can see the partition UEFI partition on the USB drive.

Anyone can give me a tip on how to work this out?

Spent hours triing to find a workaround without any luck.

I am doing a Mojave Install (being new to Clover coming from a mountain Lion using Chimera). I followed the installation guide to the letter. I ran Multibeast to install Clover. It created the UEFI partition, I can mount it acces to the config.plis etc...

However, my Bios won't find the UEFI partition on my SDD : this 1-partition only SSD being the only drive plugged besides the USB (no other SSD or HDD or DVD player).

I manage to boot from the USB stick, the BIOS can see the partition UEFI partition on the USB drive.

Anyone can give me a tip on how to work this out?

Spent hours triing to find a workaround without any luck.

Go into bios menu hold delete button at start up and see if you can select the UEFI for boot option 1.

Go into bios menu hold delete button at start up and see if you can select the UEFI for boot option 1.

I followed your instruction even though I went to the boot menu quite few times!! (bringing me to write this threat). But actually, for the first time I could see the a partition called something like "EFI Clover ...." I can't recall exactelly. I guess it was the SSD-UEFI partition.

I tried to restart and do the exact same with USB unplugged, only to double check. Then it did not show up again.

I actually ran a diskutil info, I get this :
/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *240.1 GB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_APFS Container disk1 239.8 GB disk0s2

/dev/disk1 (synthesized):
0: APFS Container Scheme - +239.8 GB disk1
Physical Store disk0s2
1: APFS Volume Mojave 13.4 GB disk1s1
2: APFS Volume Preboot 46.4 MB disk1s2
3: APFS Volume Recovery 512.8 MB disk1s3
4: APFS Volume VM 20.5 KB disk1s4

Does it look OK?

I actually ran a diskutil info, I get this :
/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
0: GUID_partition_scheme *240.1 GB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_APFS Container disk1 239.8 GB disk0s2

/dev/disk1 (synthesized):
0: APFS Container Scheme - +239.8 GB disk1
Physical Store disk0s2
1: APFS Volume Mojave 13.4 GB disk1s1
2: APFS Volume Preboot 46.4 MB disk1s2
3: APFS Volume Recovery 512.8 MB disk1s3
4: APFS Volume VM 20.5 KB disk1s4

Does it look OK?

Yes, do you have apfsautoloader in your clover Drivers64efi folder?

Attachments

• drivers64UEFI.zip
    58.6 KB · Views: 53

Attachments

• ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 57
  • drivers64UEFI.zip
    89.1 KB · Views: 54
Did you check other bios settings like AHCI enabled and legacy versus UEFI boot options?
If your board is a legacy boot board you can put these drivers in the Drivers64 folder as well.

Thanks Gigamaxx
About BIOS settings, I have tried so many options.
AHCI is enabled. I have tried all combinations of options between legacy, UEFI, legacy or UEFI options.

My board seems to be a 7 serie board, suitable for UEFI boot.

If your board is a legacy boot board you can put these drivers in the Drivers64 folder as well.

Not sure about what you mean. Should I put the drivers you copied to my Drivers64 folder?

Thanks Gigamaxx
About BIOS settings, I have tried so many options.
AHCI is enabled. I have tried all combinations of options between legacy, UEFI, legacy or UEFI options.

My board seems to be a 7 serie board, suitable for UEFI boot.

Not sure about what you mean. Should I put the drivers you copied to my Drivers64 folder?

Yes, the 64EFI is for UEFI booting and the 64 folder is for Legacy.

It is possible your firmware is not considering the /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI path on your internal SSD - possibly it only looks for Windows' bootloader, whatever the reason it will likely work if you add Clover to the firmware boot menu using e.g. the efibootmgr command from a Linux live distribution. See the docs folder that comes with Clover or search the forums for 'efibootmgr'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back