Graphics
EVGA Nvidia GTX 560Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I decided to upgrade to the new UEFI Bios for this Mobo considering that everybody on this forum said that it would be absolutely great, no more of a need for DSDTs and all this stuff... Well, unfortunately now my System Kernel Panics immediately on booting of OSX. The system loads the KEXTS and then *BAM* an immediate panic with no information above the panic, literally the kernel panic is the first thing that happens.

In my BIOS I have disabled GSATA, enabled HPET, and of course AHCI is turned on. I have tried booting with UseKernelCache=No, npci=0x2000, -f... I've also even tried deleteing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and I am getting no luck.

Honestly I find it rather strange that its KPing immediately on boot before I see any OS initialization, this is leading me to believe that ARG flags aren't even getting loaded into the OS before it KPs, so it must be a UEFI Bios setting.... Anyhow, any help would be great, thanks!

Did you delete your DSDT before reboot with the UEFI BIOS?

Yes sir, and I still get a KP first thing when the OS boots.

I have almost the same system as yours and I had problems after the UEFI flash, now I am typing this in OS X ML.
Your problem is your boot flags (and/or your UEFI settings), for UEFI settings I saw a tutorial on this website that helped me.
The problem that costed me a lot of time is that I got no screen after the loading screen (GTX570), after fiddling with boot flags I found that UseKernelCache=Yes was my solution, this even works on my ML install stick. The UserDSDT option in MultiBeast also works perfectly without a DSDT file, not needed with this new UEFI.

When everything worked I have an idea: Install the old BIOS.

A rule: Never touch a running system.

When everything worked I have an idea: Install the old BIOS.

A rule: Never touch a running system.

True, sometimes...

I had problems but now my system is more stable than before, don't need a DSDT or something specific to have a stable OS X.
Only had a speed limit for the CPU which is solved using NullCPUManagement kext.

I don't have any regret updating my F6 bios to UEFI U1g :)

I have almost the same system as yours and I had problems after the UEFI flash, now I am typing this in OS X ML.
Your problem is your boot flags (and/or your UEFI settings), for UEFI settings I saw a tutorial on this website that helped me.
The problem that costed me a lot of time is that I got no screen after the loading screen (GTX570), after fiddling with boot flags I found that UseKernelCache=Yes was my solution, this even works on my ML install stick. The UserDSDT option in MultiBeast also works perfectly without a DSDT file, not needed with this new UEFI.

Thank you so much, you pointed me 100% in the right direction... I have a GTX 560Ti and I had the same black screen problem and UseKernelCache=Yes worked flawlessly! For anybody that is coming here as a reference.

Go into your BIOS, pressed F7 I think (Load Optimized Defaults)
Under Peripherals, Enable XHCI Hand-Off and Enable EHCI Hand-Off
Under Power Settings, Enable HPET (High Precision Event Timer)
Also make sure that EVERYTHING is set to AHCI

Now if any of you are going to be booting with an NVIDIA 500 card make sure to boot with this flag: UseKernelCache=Yes -f -v npci=0x2000 (or) npci=0x3000

After you get in run multi-beast User-DSDT without a DSDT and it'll be gravy.

I'm having a kernel panic right at osx boot as well, but I've got a Radeon 6870. As it happens, I did not delete my DSDT, and I don't now about any black screen issues. Wondering what you guys would suggest.

I don't know how to boot with flags, FYI. help!

I'm having a kernel panic right at osx boot as well, but I've got a Radeon 6870. As it happens, I did not delete my DSDT, and I don't now about any black screen issues. Wondering what you guys would suggest.

Booting with flags generally means if you're using Chimera hit the space bar to interrupt the loading of the default drive and then you can type -v -f, etc. If those commands work, you can try editing the chameleon.boot.plist iirc and edit in those commands like: UseKernelCache=Yes, etc.

Do as initialBoss said to enter boot flags and if you forgot to delete your DSDT then use the boot flag DSDT=null

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back