Contribute
Register

uefi dual boot: sierra & win10 -->windows keeps kicking clover out of the boot entrys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Ortofon,

in your bios, in boot section, set the windows disk to "disable" and leave only osx disk for boot.
This was the solution in my MB, but it is an asus, I hope it serves in yours.

Good Look
thanks for your reply!
i already did this. in fact, it was one of the first things i did, but with no result.
the funny thing is, i set my boot order like this:
IMG_20170418_184512.jpg
(UEFI: S... represents the sierra sdd)

and even if i just save&exit and go to the settings again, it looks like this:
IMG_20170418_184607.jpg

it just doubles the sierra sdd entry. so still no windows here, but it still keeps booting straight into windows :(

Same issue here it's annoying. At one point for months I was able to boot into windows, restart, then it booted into clover selection screen but have no clue what made it do that.

That's (maybe) a clover location issue.

Personnally I have:

MBR in SSD
Windows 10 installation in SSD
MacOS installation in SSHD
Clover in USB Key

And I put the priority on USB Key in bios, can boot everytime on MacOS or Windows 10 with clover.

Same problem here, seems the only way to reinstall Clover after Windows has messed up with GPT is to do a clean repartitioning of the disk and reinstall OSX from scratch.:cry::cry:

What I did not to have problems:

1) I install windows on a disk creating partitions in GPT mode.
2) I removed the disk and did the same with linux on another disk.
3) I remove the linux disk and install a OS X Sierra on another disk.

I have done this process since Yosemite.(Previously I used the same process but with MBR when I used Chameleon)

When I had the 3 OS's installed, I put the OSX Sierra disk as the first boot disk and use clover as boot loader for all OS's. I have other HD's for data. These are also formatted in GPT mode.

NEVER MUST MIX UEFI WITH MBR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back