Contribute
Register

uefi dual boot: sierra & win10 -->windows keeps kicking clover out of the boot entrys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Thinkpad E570
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hello guys!

i just finished my uefi installation of windows 10 (sierra was already installed)

now, the windows boot manager keeps on overruling the bios/uefi entrys and clover. everytime i change the boot order to
-mac os (1st)
-windows (2nd)
and leave uefi/bios via save&exit, after reboot my entrys are instantly overruled by the windows manager.

i searched in various topics in this forum, but couldn´t find any related answers.

long story short:
-had already installed sierra (uefi)
-now added a seperate drive with windows 10 (uefi)
-after restart, bios/uefi keeps booting into win10
-boot entrys in bios/uefi are changed back to "windows boot manager" everytime i reboot
-can only get to clover and start mac os via direct boot option (F12)

-os type is set to "other os"
-cms is disabled i think. at least it disappears when changing os type from "windows8 or windows whql" back to "other os"
-boot mode is uefi only
-(for some of you who might wonder why my board supports uefi: i installed a beta driver for my board ;) )

does anyone has a solution for this? it´s really starting to drive me mad, as i use mainly mac os and windows only for extremly rare game sessions :/

thx in advance.
regards from vienna

Last edited:
Try using Windows 8 WHQL and enable CSM

Do you have secure boot enabled?

Do you have secure boot enabled?
my bios is set to "other os" and there is no option for secure boot.

i tried booting with any possible settings:
-other os --> windows is booting
-windows8 with csm on and off paired with secure mode on and off --> windows is booting
-windows whql with csm on and off paired with secure mode on and off --> windows is booting

whatever i try, the result remains the same :(

Same problem here. When you boot into windows it creates a new bootmgfw.efi in the EFI partition Microsoft folder. Rename it to bootmgfw-orig.efi as in tonymacx86 tutorial is useless now because of this.

Same problem here. When you boot into windows it creates a new bootmgfw.efi in the EFI partition Microsoft folder. Rename it to bootmgfw-orig.efi as in tonymacx86 tutorial is useless now because of this.
so, in the end, there is no actual solution for this?! :(

have you tried EasyUEFI?
yes i tried easyuefi, mainly to get rid of a bunch of useless boot entries from the beginning of my hackintosh journey, but i disabled the windows boot manager there --> of course with no result :)

are these settings ok, or do i have to change something?

easy uefi-screenshot.JPG

Hi @Ortofon,

in your bios, in boot section, set the windows disk to "disable" and leave only osx disk for boot.
This was the solution in my MB, but it is an asus, I hope it serves in yours.

Good Look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back