Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
CPU
i5-6600k
Graphics
GTX 950
Hello!

So last night I had gotten to the install OSX screen on my Hackintosh, and I had a black out while setting up osx (literally as I selected my language). When we got the power back, my BIOS and boot menu could not see the UEFI boot drive with clover. It can still see the drive itself, not the UEFI though. I have tried 4 different drives, all with the same issue. I do see a Mac OS X boot option, but when I use it, it simply blinks the display and takes me back to the bios. I see in the Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems, it says that my boot settings can be either UEFI only, or UEFI and Legacy. In both cases, I do not see the UEFI drive (I see the drive itself as a USB device, however)
Specs: i5 4440 cpu
GTX 745 gpu
GA-H97M-D3H mobo

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Motherboard
ASRock Z97 X4
CPU
i5-4690k
Graphics
GTX950
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. SE
Try getting into the Clover UEFI shell through the UniBeast stick and issue a Reset command, exit, power off, power on, and boot back up. If it works alright, shutdown/power off, remove the USB stick, power up and boot.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000+GT 710
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!

So last night I had gotten to the install OSX screen on my Hackintosh, and I had a black out while setting up osx (literally as I selected my language). When we got the power back, my BIOS and boot menu could not see the UEFI boot drive with clover. It can still see the drive itself, not the UEFI though. I have tried 4 different drives, all with the same issue. I do see a Mac OS X boot option, but when I use it, it simply blinks the display and takes me back to the bios. I see in the Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems, it says that my boot settings can be either UEFI only, or UEFI and Legacy. In both cases, I do not see the UEFI drive (I see the drive itself as a USB device, however)
Specs: i5 4440 cpu
GTX 745 gpu
GA-H97M-D3H mobo

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Power failure during installation could have corrupted the CMOS settings and possibly both the OS X USB Flash drive Installer and the target HDD for OS X El Capitan installation.

To troubleshoot the first possibility of CMOS corruption, try resetting CMOS battery [ Check MoBo Manual for help] followed by loading Optimized Default BIOS and then making all the BIOS setup for El Capitan Installation and saving and exiting and rebooting and checking the BIOS again to see if your UEFI HDD and UEFI Flash Drive entries are back so that you can initiate the USB installation routine once again. If you can get the USB Flash drive to boot to installation screen, hopefully that is unaffected by Power failure. If it does not boot properly and crashes, you may need to make a new installer. If it boots OK and you can launch the Utilities>disk utility, and find the HDD Disk, you may be able to find out more about the health of your Target HDD and proceed from there.

Hope this is the problem and steps to troubleshoot. Good luck

Motherboard
ASRock Z97 X4
CPU
i5-4690k
Graphics
GTX950
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. SE
Don't forget to run First Aid in Disk Utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.