NVIDIA GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
UD5H - Realtek 898 - OS X 10.8.5 Audio issues After Supplemental Update 1.0

Hello. I currently use the Z77X-UD5H motherboard (as instructed by the customac guide) and I had flawless audio with 10.8.2 for months.

I recently did a few combo updates and am now on 10.8.5. At first I had to re-run multibeast 5.5.2 several times after repairing disk permissions to get audio to work on 10.8.5 but now after taking the Supplemental Update 1.0, my audio will start get fuzzy while watching YouTube videos and recording music.

When I exit out of my browser and re-load it temporarily fixes the problem but it will sometimes quickly start to get fuzzy again.

The same thing happens while recording music. I never had this issue pre-10.8.5. I used to record a lot of music for my band without issues. Now it will randomly get fuzzy-sounding after a while and I am forced to re-start the application to fix it.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem? Are there any other fixes besides constantly re-running Multibeast?

Thank you.

The same thing is happening to me. When I updated to 10.8.5 I had to reinstall the drivers then it was ok, after the supplemental update when I run video on Flash player it get fuzzy. I fix it by changing the output to one of the others on the list.

Also it might be worth to mention that without the drivers = when I have no sound and I plug my headset I get it works so I'm sure the sound on that doesn't go through the drivers also if it starts getting fuzzy and I switch to me headset the sounds is ok.

Same Problem here (GA-Z77X-UD5H rev 1.1). Im on the newest OS, installed newest audio drivers through the newest multibeast. Gets fuzzy no mater what I use, even in iTunes. After several seconds (like 10?) it gets better. My headphones are plugged into green port on the back panel. Tried using them with the front audio panel, but still the same problem.

Your research is flawed; "npci=0x3000" BREAKS 10.8.5 audio. Your post will be deleted.

Hey Toleda,

since you are a moderator, do you have any idea if there is a fix already or if one is coming (or working on)? Would be so great because its starting to get really annoying...

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back